- What brand names are available for bromocriptine-oral?
- Is bromocriptine-oral available as a generic drug?
- Do I need a prescription for bromocriptine-oral?
- What are the side effects of bromocriptine-oral?
- What is the dosage for bromocriptine-oral?
- Which drugs or supplements interact with bromocriptine-oral?
- Is bromocriptine-oral safe to take if I'm pregnant or breastfeeding?
- What else should I know about bromocriptine-oral?
What brand names are available for bromocriptine-oral?
Is bromocriptine-oral available as a generic drug?
GENERIC AVAILABLE: Yes
Do I need a prescription for bromocriptine-oral?
What are the side effects of bromocriptine-oral?
- Low blood pressure (hypotension) has been reported in some patients taking bromocriptine. The risk of experiencing hypotension is particularly of concern when treatment is first started or after increases in dose. Patients who are just starting treatment are advised to stand up slowly when getting up from a sitting or lying down position to avoid injury from falls due to dizziness or lightheadedness (orthostatic hypotension).
- Some patients with pre-existing mental disorders may experience worsening psychotic symptoms or bromocriptine may reduce the effectiveness of some medications used to treat psychotic disorders.
- Bromocriptine may cause sleepiness or drowsiness. Patients should not drive or operate machinery until they know how they will respond to the medication.
- Certain medications used to treat schizophrenia and other mental disorders may interact with the way bromocriptine works.
Quick GuideParkinson's Disease: Symptoms, Causes, Stages, Treatment
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Need help identifying pills and medications?
Use the pill identifier tool on RxList.