Patient Comments: Broken Toe - Symptoms

What were the symptoms of your broken toe?

Comment from: reese05, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: March 03

The symptoms of my broken toe were swelling, throbbing pain, numbness and pain when walking.

Comment from: Pam, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: July 26

Stubbed my little toe on wooden leg of love seat. Knew it was probably broken but kept going to work. I'm a mail carrier, after the 11th day I couldn't take it any longer as the pain was worse every day. Today went to doctor toe is broken and x-ray showed it is not fusing back together..They gave me a special shoe to wear, they want to x-ray in 2 weeks to see if it is fusing back together, if not they say I will have to have surgery. On a little toe LOL

Comment from: BB, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: July 26

I dropped a vegetable drware, full of vegetables, on my big toe. It hurt so bad I couldn't hardly breath much less cry. It cut a little place just below the toenail. It bruised up a nice eggplant color (Purple) I don't know if its broken, but it hurts big time. I have a jell bag, used for swelling on hand, it folded nicely around my toe for the swelling and used Advil for pain.

Comment from: anna, 7-12 Female (Patient) Published: July 23

I was walking then I stubbed my toe agonist my trash can . then I could not walk and it hurt like heck! then I called my brother " Daniel I think I broke my toe !" then he rushed in he agreed I might have broke my toe . so my brother gave me my I pod so I could text my mom because my mom was at work . when she got the text she rushed home. I was on the couch crying my butt of. she is a nurse so she kind of knows what a what to do. so she gave me an ice pack and medicine but she had to go back to work so we could not go to the doctors. but luckily my step dad brock his foot so he had crutches so I used them tom get around.my symptoms were stiffness on my pinky toe and swelling ness and my pinky was out of place . it is much better now:)

Comment from: Frida, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: July 01

I had a little accident in the shower and broke my toe. It was very painful! I put ice on it every day for several minutes for more than a week. It took some time to heal but it's much better now.

Comment from: abushlady, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: May 01

I jammed or hit my little toe on the edge of some wooden furniture about 12 hours ago. Now it is very sore, swollen, discolored, feels worse at the joint area, and is painful when I try to walk.

Broken Toe - Describe Your Experience Question: Did you break your toe? Please describe your experience.
Broken Toe - Treatments Question: What was the treatment for your broken toe?
Broken Toe - Diagnosis Question: How was your broken toe diagnosed?
Broken Toe - Seeing a Doctor Question: Why did you see a doctor for your broken toe(s)? Did you see a podiatrist or another kind of doctor?