Patient Comments: Broken Toe - Diagnosis

How was your broken toe diagnosed?

Comment from: Catswhiska, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: January 14

Recently on a picnic I sat with my legs stretched out in front. A friend sat down on my left foot and we all heard a loud crack. He had sat down on my foot which was in an upright position. The toe was extremely painful and now 3 weeks later I am still unable to wear closed in footwear. I can move the toe, there was no swelling, bruising or misalignment. I cannot bear pressure on the nail bed or to the flesh at the end of the toe. I think if it continues I may have to seek medical advice as I am unable to take anti-inflammatories such as ibuprofen, aspirin, etc.

Comment from: He Hate Me, 55-64 (Patient) Published: May 20

I broke my toe by doing some sort of Kung Fu fighting in my sleep. I actually kicked a hole in the wall. In addition to breaking my toe, I have been diagnosed with REM sleep disorder.

Broken Toe - Describe Your Experience Question: Did you break your toe? Please describe your experience.
Broken Toe - Treatments Question: What was the treatment for your broken toe?
Broken Toe - Symptoms Question: What were the symptoms of your broken toe?
Broken Toe - Seeing a Doctor Question: Why did you see a doctor for your broken toe(s)? Did you see a podiatrist or another kind of doctor?