Patient Comments: Broken Foot - Complications

Question:What complications did you experience related to your broken foot?

Comment from: dee, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: January 08

It is almost 6 months after I broke my heel bone and I am still unable to bear weight without pain; lots of it. I am seeing a specialist this week so I am hoping I will get some answers soon. It was from a head on collision, heel was shattered and I am afraid it may get cut off if it doesn't get better soon. I am sure it is always a possibility.

Comment from: craig, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: January 06

I have fractured a bone on the outside of my foot, not sure what it is called. I am currently wearing a non-weight-bearing cast, I have had this on for 2 weeks, and am wanting to know how long I will need this on.

Comment from: Sweetiebug, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: May 20

It's been a year and a half since I cracked my foot and had to wear a boot for more than six months. Now my whole leg has areas that are hot and very painful. I'm not sure how to relieve the pain.

Broken Foot - Cause Question: How did you break your foot?
Broken Foot - Symptoms Question: What symptoms did you experience when you broke your foot?
Broken Foot - Diagnosis Question: What tests and exams did you receive that led to a diagnosis of a broken foot?
Broken Foot - Treatment Question: What types of treatment did you receive when you broke your foot? Did you wear a cast or Reese shoe?