Patient Comments: Broken Foot - Treatment

Question:What types of treatment did you receive when you broke your foot? Did you wear a cast or Reese shoe?

Comment from: GRS, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: July 08

I fell and broke my cuboid bone on the side of my foot. I've been wrapping my foot with elastic bandage and wearing soft boot for 4 months. It has not healed. Doctor suggested a bone stimulator. I have osteoporosis and wonder if my foot will heal without surgery.

Comment from: ernie, (Patient) Published: September 24

Initial diagnosis showed an inline fracture of the 5th metatarsal and for 3 weeks I was in an air boot. Second visit revealed displaced fracture leading to surgical repair. Stiches were removed after 2 weeks and now I am doing 30 days on a knee scooter with zero weight allowed on the right foot.

Comment from: june rosenwasser, 75 or over Female (Patient) Published: October 18

I twisted my foot going down 2 steps, I did not see the step and it caused a fracture between the foot and the heel. I was put in a boot for a month, but it still hurts. One doctor suggested surgery to remove the protruding bone, the other said nothing can be done. I do not know what to do.

Comment from: Shailesh, 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: February 12

I had a cast on my foot after I broke 3rd metatarsal bone.

Comment from: Laurie, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: July 01

I stepped off a porch onto a small step. My ankle seemed to give way and I went down, landing on my right foot. It had swelling in three places, and a huge bruise underneath my foot. I have been icing and elevating, but also hobbling around. The bruising is going away, and the swelling under the toes went down. The swelling on top of my foot below the ankle is still very painful. This is Day 8.

Broken Foot - Cause Question: How did you break your foot?
Broken Foot - Symptoms Question: What symptoms did you experience when you broke your foot?
Broken Foot - Diagnosis Question: What tests and exams did you receive that led to a diagnosis of a broken foot?
Broken Foot - Complications Question: What complications did you experience related to your broken foot?