Dental bridges consist of two crowns for the teeth on either side of a gap and a false tooth in between. Types of bridges include traditional bridges (made of porcelain), cantilever bridges, and Maryland bonded bridges (made of plastic). Bridges can last from five to 15 years, or longer.
Patient Discussions - Viewers share their comments
Gum disease is caused by plaque and may result in tooth loss without proper treatment. Symptoms and signs of gum disease...learn more »
In This Article
Gum Disease Article
- What is gum disease (gingivitis)?
- What is the difference between gingivitis and periodontal disease?
- What causes gum disease?
- Does gum disease cause bad breath?
- What does gum disease look like? What are gum disease symptoms and signs?
- How do health-care professionals diagnose gum disease?
- What is the treatment for gum disease?
- What types of specialists treat gum disease?
- What types of medication are used to treat gum disease?
- Are home remedies or natural treatments effective for gum disease?
- Is it possible to reverse gum disease?
- Is gum disease associated with other health problems?
- How is gum disease managed in children?
- How is gum disease managed in pregnancy?
- Is it possible to prevent gum disease?
- What is the best toothpaste to use to prevent gum disease?
- Is gum disease contagious?
Learn more about cavities including symptoms, treatment, and prevention. See how tooth decay, plaque, and bacteria contribute to...learn more »
In This Article
- What are cavities?
- What are microcavities?
- How does a cavity form?
- What risk factors contribute to tooth decay?
- What are the signs and symptoms of cavities?
- How are cavities diagnosed?
- What is the treatment for cavities?
- Treatment of cavities during pregnancy
- What is CAMBRA?
- What is the prognosis of a cavity?