Patient Comments: Breastfeeding - Experience

Describe your experience with breastfeeding.

Comment from: MamaHiroko, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: April 13

I am a breastfeeding mother and I would encourage anyone to breastfeed for the first two years of life. As a new mom I was faced with big challenges. I had mastitis five times and was taken to the ER with a C-diff infection all before 6 months. Even though it was very hard on my body I'm so glad I stuck with it. My daughter will be 2 in a few months and she still nurses a few times a day. Now I am on a restricted diet of no gluten and no dairy. My diet is now much better for me and it's all because my little one has a skin rash that is set of by foods made with milk or wheat. When I have another baby I will breastfeed that baby to self-wean like I am with my daughter. If your having trouble with breastfeeding seek help and remember you are doing what's right for your baby.

Breastfeeding - Foods to Avoid Question: Have you noticed that certain foods affect your breast milk? What are they, and how does your baby react?
Breastfeeding - Sore Nipples Question: Please share remedies for relieving sore nipples due to breastfeeding.
Breastfeeding - Complications Question: Do you have fever, chills or breast pain during breastfeeding? What did your doctor prescribe as treatment?
Breastfeeding - Implants Question: Do you have breast implants? If so, what was your breastfeeding experience like?
Breastfeeding - Weaning Advice Question: How old was your baby when you weaned him/her? How did you know it was time?