- Antiaging Tips & Secrets Slideshow Pictures
- Cosmetic Surgery Slideshow Pictures
- Take the Skin Quiz
- Find a local Plastic Surgeon in your town
- Your consultation for breast reduction surgery
- How is breast reduction done?
- How to prepare for the breast reduction
- Recovery and follow-up care for breast reduction
- Complications and side effects of breast reduction
- When should I call my doctor after breast reduction surgery?
- Does insurance cover breast reduction?
Does insurance cover breast reduction?
The good news is yes, in most cases. Breast reduction is considered reconstructive, your chances of getting insurance coverage are good. however, you must be sure to follow all the procedures set forth by your carrier's policy.
Your surgeon can take photos of your breasts, detailing your physical symptoms caused by enlarged breasts in a letter. Begin communicating early with your insurance carrier and make sure you understand exactly what the carrier will cover, such as lab costs, anesthesiologist, and other expenses. This will save you a headache in the long run, when you have more important things to do, like focus on your recovery.
"Management of gynecomastia"