Breast Reconstruction Without Implants (cont.)
In this Article
What Side Effects Can I Expect?
After Your Surgery, Contact Your Doctor Immediately Should You Experience Any of the Following:
Does Insurance Cover Breast Reconstruction Without Implants?
Reconstructing the breast is not considered a cosmetic procedure. Rather, it's part of the treatment for a disease and the Women's Health and Cancer Rights Act mandates that insurers provide coverage for breast reconstruction.
However, each carrier will vary in its coverage, so it's important that you familiarize yourself with the details of your plan.
WebMD Medical Reference
Reviewed by Michael J. Wheatley, MD, on February 28, 2010
Last Editorial Review: 2/28/2010
- Allergic Skin Disorders
- Bacterial Skin Diseases
- Bites and Infestations
- Diseases of Pigment
- Fungal Skin Diseases
- Medical Anatomy and Illustrations
- Noncancerous, Precancerous & Cancerous Tumors
- Oral Health Conditions
- Papules, Scales, Plaques and Eruptions
- Scalp, Hair and Nails
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
- Vascular, Lymphatic and Systemic Conditions
- Viral Skin Diseases
- Additional Skin Conditions