Patient Comments: Breast Lumps (In Women) - Causes

What was the cause of your breast lumps?

Comment from: maggie, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: April 02

I was first told I had cancer and needed a biopsy to be performed under general anesthesia so they take the breast if the lab came back with a diagnosis of cancer. I balked. A week later I went for a second mammogram and the radiologist said nothing showed up, even though something had shown on the first mammogram. The next day, I had an ultrasound and was told nothing is there, even though something was palpable by the first doctor, first and second radiologic technologists and the ultrasound technician. The radiologist and doctor came back with "fibrocystic changes in a lobular area" and said I had absolutely nothing to be concerned about.

Comment from: pasqually, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: September 26

In March of this year I tripped over a box of painting supplies and fell onto a plastic square box with all my weight landing on the plastic box right on the inside center of my breast. A huge lump quickly appeared. I thought nothing of it as I fully expected it to swell. Now in Sept. I noticed 2 knots small in size and hard in the same area. I am now going in for a mammogram tomorrow and I am wondering how they will be able to get close enough to the breast bone where the knots are.

Breast Lumps In Women - Diagnosis Question: Please describe the diagnosis of the breast lumps in your breast(s).
Breast Lumps - Symptoms Question: What symptoms and signs did you experience with your breast lumps?
Breast Lumps in Women - Injuries Question: Did you injure your breast? If it formed a lump, did you have it examined? What was the outcome?
Breast Lumps in Women - Benign Lumps Question: Please share your experience with the discovery and diagnosis of non-cancerous breast lumps.