Patient Comments: Breast Lumps in Women - Benign Lumps

Please share your experience with the discovery and diagnosis of non-cancerous breast lumps.

Comment from: youngladyKT, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: April 25

I was diagnosed with fibrocystic breast when I was 15 and had my first surgery at 16. The lump that was removed was the size of half a golf ball and extremely painful. Unfortunately, my surgeon butchered me horribly. My next surgery was when I was 18, a week before prom. Something happened so that I couldn't walk afterwards, so I had to learn to walk a week before I was set to walk in 5-inch heels. I get ultrasounds every 6 to 9 months, and every time I get one, I hear that I have more lumps. I have refused for doctors to cut on me because they aren't cancerous. Now I have a huge lump really close to my nipple and it gives my boob a burning sensation. I am very nervous to see what it might be. My advice: Get checked.

Breast Lumps In Women - Diagnosis Question: Please describe the diagnosis of the breast lumps in your breast(s).
Breast Lumps (In Women) - Causes Question: What was the cause of your breast lumps?
Breast Lumps - Symptoms Question: What symptoms and signs did you experience with your breast lumps?
Breast Lumps in Women - Injuries Question: Did you injure your breast? If it formed a lump, did you have it examined? What was the outcome?