Patient Comments: Breast Cancer - Treatment

What kind of treatment did you have for breast cancer?

Comment from: sherl, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: April 22

I"m a 2 times breast cancer patient. I was in remission for 15 years. In 2009 I had a radical mastectomy. Fifteen lymph nodes were removed and reconstructive surgery done, and 8 rounds of chemotherapy. The chemotherapy saved my life. I was diagnosed with carcinoma from a needle biopsy. Having early intervention and early treatment can save lives.

Comment from: BJ, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: October 22

I had mastectomy of the left breast and 18 lymph nodes removed (16 positive). I had chemotherapy and radiation and I am currently on Arimidex.

Comment from: Jewels, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: October 09

I had my first treatment, but now I am experiencing swelling in my body, from my face to my feet.

Comment from: mwg, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: October 09

For two years my mammograms showed an abnormality that was considered nominal. The third year they finally got a clue and had me go for a biopsy of what they felt was a cyst. The journey began then as after two lumpectomies. After the mastectomy I am now being advised I should still get radiation and possibly chemo. I almost feel like I could have eradicated the six months of nerve-wracking stress and indecision as I am ending up right along with everyone that went straight to mastectomy and chemo. Another thing, I advise all my friends now to read their mammo results and challenge everything! I pray for all those on this road already and hope for strength as I join them.

Comment from: Unknown, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: October 09

Newly diagnosed with Stage II breast cancer w/ lymph node involvement (one). Have had the surgery. Dr. strongly advises chemo. Plan is 4 cycle of Taxotere and Cytoxan, hormone therapy, radiation. I am totally petrified!! So" frozen" about this decision. Can't bear the humiliation of having no hair (a wig doesn't alleviate this) and the loss of control of my life and family due to fatigue!! Has anyone had this chemo and these fears beforehand? If so, please share how chemo was for you.

Breast Cancer - Symptoms Question: What symptoms did you experience when you developed breast cancer?
Breast Cancer - Stages Question: What stage was your breast cancer when you were diagnosed?
Breast Cancer - Type Question: What type of breast cancer do you have?
Breast Cancer - Survival Rate Question: What is the prognosis for your breast cancer?