Patient Comments: Breast Cancer - Stages

What stage was your breast cancer when you were diagnosed?

Comment from: Sydney, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: January 27

I was diagnosed with SP HER2 plus breast cancer, stage 1-2. I had a double mastectomy almost five years ago. I would like to be tested to determine if I am symptomatic again.

Comment from: AJ, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: December 18

I had microcalcifications for years, biopsies maybe seven years before a tiny breast cancer lump was discovered in the left breast. The lump was removed and the lymph nodes were found to be clear, but they couldn't get clean margins. So I needed a mastectomy. I went for a double. Given the same genes, the same environmental contaminants, the same hundreds maybe of microcalcifications in each one, I couldn't see keeping the right one.

Comment from: PAULA, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: January 02

My breast cancer was diagnosed as stage 1 invasive cancer. There was no sentinel lymph gland cancer. Treatment was lumpectomy plus 2 lymph nodes removed for testing. I had radiation for 5 weeks within 2 months of surgery. Pill therapy was discussed and tried; however I had body aches and discontinued them. I will have one year mammogram soon. I do have routine blood work for oncologist's review.

Comment from: Really confused, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: September 03

I had missed three mammograms and on the third year decided to make my doctor hush. Well, guess who is hushed now! I was told with my mammogram, I had some suspicious areas. So the doctor had them run an ultra Sound. I was told I have two hot spots. In a couple of weeks I have to go for another mammogram and ultra sound. I also have a green liquid that can be expressed with both breasts.

Comment from: Tanya, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: January 30

I didn't have any symptom! My early stage was found after mammogram doing which I skipped for 3 years. Thanks to my doctor who insisted I do another mammogram plus ultra-scan and then biopsy. Then I had surgery and 7 weeks of radiation and now pills. Every woman must do mammogram every year, no excuses!

Comment from: Sherry, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: March 26

My breast cancer was diagnosed as stage 1 triple negative.

Breast Cancer - Symptoms and Signs Question: What symptoms and signs did you experience when you developed breast cancer?
Breast Cancer - Type Question: What type of breast cancer do you have?
Breast Cancer - Treatment Question: What kind of treatment did you have for breast cancer?
Breast Cancer - Survival Rate Question: What is the prognosis for your breast cancer?
Breast Cancer - Diagnosis Question: How was your breast cancer detected?