Patient Comments: Breast Cancer - Symptoms

What symptoms did you experience when you developed breast cancer?

Comment from: BJ, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: October 22

After 3 benign tumors, which were found through self-examination and never seen on mammogram, I was very concerned when my breast appeared enlarged and like orange peel. I thought it felt different, but it wasn't like the other 3 times. Mammogram picked up nothing, and it was done twice. I didn't trust the results and my family doctor listened and sent me to a surgeon for a biopsy.

Comment from: 3 girls, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: March 03

When I developed breast cancer, there was some tenderness in my breasts and they didn"t look the same. They were deflated and dimple inward which was strange.

Comment from: Sumnermariel, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: October 09

I felt a painful lump at the 10 o'clock position in my right breast. It continued to get more and more painful and appeared to be enlarging after about six months.

Comment from: Lex11113, 45-54 Female (Caregiver) Published: October 09

My friend had breast cancer. She is fine now but she went through a huge struggle. I'm glad she is here with me now.

Comment from: tutor, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: October 09

My mammogram indicated something and my doctor said that I should have a biopsy or surgery. I also have two lumps in my right armpit and a small one in my left. My doctor hasn't gotten back to me about anything yet.

Breast Cancer - Stages Question: What stage was your breast cancer when you were diagnosed?
Breast Cancer - Type Question: What type of breast cancer do you have?
Breast Cancer - Treatment Question: What kind of treatment did you have for breast cancer?
Breast Cancer - Survival Rate Question: What is the prognosis for your breast cancer?