Patient Comments: Breast Cancer - Symptoms

What symptoms did you experience when you developed breast cancer?

Comment from: Beermaid1, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: March 14

I started noticing a lump that kept popping up and down on the side of my neck. It never was painful but it started getting bigger and staying up longer. I was feeling very tired and fatigued and finally a doctor listened to my symptoms and did a CT. Then I got a PET scan and the next thing I know I get the call that I have breast cancer and it has spread to my lymph nodes and possibly my liver. People, just know if you feel like something is wrong, don"t give up and keep telling and searching for the right doctor that will listen to you and find out what is going on before it's too late!

Comment from: BJ, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: October 22

After 3 benign tumors, which were found through self-examination and never seen on mammogram, I was very concerned when my breast appeared enlarged and like orange peel. I thought it felt different, but it wasn't like the other 3 times. Mammogram picked up nothing, and it was done twice. I didn't trust the results and my family doctor listened and sent me to a surgeon for a biopsy.

Comment from: 3 girls, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: March 03

When I developed breast cancer, there was some tenderness in my breasts and they didn"t look the same. They were deflated and dimple inward which was strange.

Comment from: Sumnermariel, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: October 09

I felt a painful lump at the 10 o'clock position in my right breast. It continued to get more and more painful and appeared to be enlarging after about six months.

Comment from: agatehunter, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: May 28

I had no symptoms – in fact, my doctor could not feel anything when she examined me after I got "the letter." I had another mammogram, some kind of ultrasound, and an MRI before they could really see it. It was an aggressive cancer, so it shows the importance of early detection. I tell my female loved ones to make sure they get a mammogram every year, no excuses!

Comment from: tutor, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: October 09

My mammogram indicated something and my doctor said that I should have a biopsy or surgery. I also have two lumps in my right armpit and a small one in my left. My doctor hasn't gotten back to me about anything yet.

Comment from: Lex11113, 45-54 Female (Caregiver) Published: October 09

My friend had breast cancer. She is fine now but she went through a huge struggle. I'm glad she is here with me now.

Comment from: Katelynn wiggins, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: March 19

I started getting lumps everywhere in one of my breasts. Now I can't walk and I don't know what to do.

Breast Cancer - Stages Question: What stage was your breast cancer when you were diagnosed?
Breast Cancer - Type Question: What type of breast cancer do you have?
Breast Cancer - Treatment Question: What kind of treatment did you have for breast cancer?
Breast Cancer - Survival Rate Question: What is the prognosis for your breast cancer?
Breast Cancer - Diagnosis Question: How was your breast cancer detected?