Patient Comments: Breast Biopsy - Types

What kind of breast biopsy procedure did you undergo? Please describe your experience.

Comment from: CFGal, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: November 25

I had a core needle ultrasound guided vacuum breast biopsy yesterday. The nurses told me what to expect and emphasized that if I felt anything beyond tugging or pressure while the procedure was occurring I should speak up. I did feel an intense pain at the first sample, and I said so. They shot me up with more numbing medication, and I mostly did not feel the rest of the procedure. Today it is swollen and a bit sore and bruised. So far, overall, not a bad experience. It had to be done, one way or another, and I have had a surgical biopsy of the same breast in the past, which also hurt post-operation.

Comment from: mimi, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: April 11

I had an ultrasound core biopsy on the 24th march, due to a suspicious micro calcification cluster. I felt a sharp pain when anesthesia was injected, but felt nothing afterwards. Ten samples were taken in all. Now 8 days on I've still got pain in the area and a large bruise. But that doesn't matter as because of biopsy I've been given all clear. I've got benign calcified fibroadenoma.

Breast Biopsy - Experience Question: Describe your experience with your breast biopsy.
Breast Biopsy - Reasons Question: Why did you have a breast biopsy?
Breast Biopsy - Suspicious Growths Question: How did you discover you had a suspicious breast growth?
Breast Biopsy - Experience Question: Please share your experience with breast biopsy.