- Stages of Pregnancy Slideshow Pictures
- Early Pregnancy Symptoms
- Conception (Egg to Embryo) Slideshow Pictures
- Patient Comments: Braxton Hicks Contractions - Experience
- Find a local Obstetrician-Gynecologist in your town
Quick GuideStages of Pregnancy Pictures Slideshow: See the 1st, 2nd and 3rd Trimesters of Mom & Baby
When should I call my doctor about Braxton Hicks contractions?
Call your doctor or midwife if you haven't reached 37 weeks and the contractions are increasing in frequency, are more painful or you have any of the signs of preterm labor:
- Increasing vaginal discharge, vaginal bleeding, or spotting;
- Increasing low back pain or pelvic pressure;
- More than four contractions an hour;
- Menstrual-like cramping or abdominal pain.
Medically reviewed by Wayne Blocker, MD; Board Certified Obstetrics and Gynecology
MedscapeReference.com. Normal Labor and Delivery.