Patient Comments: Branchial Cyst - Experience

Please describe your personal experience with a branchial cyst.

Comment from: 55-64 (Patient) Published: December 30

I am a 55 year old woman who noticed one day that a lump popped out of the right side of my neck. I went to the emergency room in which I was kept from 10:00 pm until 4:00 pm the following day. They did an ultra-sound and a CT scan and they drained the fluid from the cyst. At that time they told me they thought it was a second branchial cleft cyst. When I was born I had a cyst on the left side of my neck which was removed when I was 5 years old. I was referred to an ENT specialist who did a biopsy on it and it was inconclusive. I ended up having the cyst removed. It has been 3 weeks since my surgery. I have a 3 1/2 inch cut on my right side of my neck and part of my face is still numb. They did a biopsy on the cyst which came out fine.

Branchial Cyst - Symptoms Question: What were the symptoms that made you aware of your branchial cyst?
Branchial Cyst - Treatment Question: Did you have surgery for your branchial cyst? If so, please share your experience.