Patient Comments: Brain Tumor - Symptoms

The symptoms of brain tumor can vary greatly from patient to patient. What were your symptoms at the onset of your disease?

Comment from: Linda, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: November 02

I was diagnosed with a brain tumor in August 2015. I had tingling in three toes of the left foot for some time which was treated as a trapped nerve. Gradually I noticed the left leg getting weaker and asked to be referred to a neurologist who detected brisk reflexes on the left side. He ordered a spine MRI which was normal. Several months passed by and the weakness continued. Eventually by returning to the neurologist I had a head MRI which showed a large parietal lobe tumor and brain swelling. Once diagnosed, a craniotomy was performed and the tumor was shown to be benign.

Comment from: silverjerry, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: August 04

I had double knee replacement in December 2014. I began doing weird things leaving lights on and open doors. Then my left side went numb and I began falling down, I stayed outside in northern Wisconsin for a 1/2 hour in 18 degree temperature. It was time to go to the emergency room. The doctor said I had a stroke, did an MRI and said I have some bad news. (I was thinking worse than a stroke!) She informed me of the tennis ball sized tumor residing in the middle of my front brain, and I was off for emergency brain surgery. I then had radiation along with chemotherapy nightmare. Oh well, pushing myself as hard as I can gives me purpose. Peace and love to all.

Comment from: 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: May 15

I had a brain tumor and on December 12, 2014 I had it removed. Since I came home from the hospital I have had bad problems with my blood pressure. I have had several visits back to the hospital, and I am now having to take physical therapy. I am having a lot of trouble with walking and I am lightheaded and weak most of the time. This has been going on for 5 months. The tumor was the size of a golf ball and I had swelling of the brain around it.

Comment from: Carl, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: April 16

I was having problems with my right hand not working correctly. Trying to type or write was difficult. I thought that I had something out of whack, and had gone to several chiropractors thinking that would help. After a couple of weeks, I was sitting in my chair, when my face started twitching uncontrollably. Little did I know I would soon be diagnosed with stage IV brain tumor. People asked if I had headaches, which I didn't. Those were my only symptoms.

Comment from: Ang4eva9, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: November 10

I had a mal grand seizure in August. I then found out I had been having partial seizures for months before. They diagnosed me as having epilepsy. They then found a figure on my MRI which they believed to be a tumor. It is located in my right temporal lobe. I have to wait a month to take another MRI to see if it is growing and go from there. What I am confused about is why we would keep it in my head even if it is benign. The whole waiting is killing me. I have at least one partial seizure a day. My memory is getting bad and I can't remember what I have said, where I put things, and put names or numbers to things. I have had mood swings mostly feeling sad and am always tired. I get random headaches that can last minutes to hours. I just hate putting things on hold because I am not sure what to do next.

Comment from: Rose, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: September 21

I have been getting bad headaches for over a year now. I am dizzy, nauseous, my ears keep feeling clogged and everything echoes, and they are ringing. I lost about 4 lb. I went to an ENT and they did a hearing test they said that I have a little loss of hearing and that there is no fluid in my ears. They are scheduling an MRI for me. I am worried if these could be symptoms of brain tumor.

Comment from: Ammu, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: June 11

I am having continuous headache. I fear that I have brain tumor.

Brain Tumor - Types Question: Please describe the type of brain tumor you have.
Brain Tumor - Treatment Question: What kinds of treatment did you undergo for your brain tumor?
Brain Tumor - Surgery Question: Please describe your experience with surgery for a brain tumor.
Brain Tumor - In Children Question: Was your child diagnosed with a brain tumor? Please share your experience.