Patient Comments: Brain Tumor - Symptoms

The symptoms of brain tumor can vary greatly from patient to patient. What were your symptoms at the onset of your disease?

Comment from: positive, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: June 04

I started having vision problems that consisted of lightning strikes and black spots, loss of balance, loss of hearing on one side, facial numbness and swallowing difficulties. It took doctors nine months to agree to refer me to a specialist that found an inoperable benign tumor on my brain stem. I wasn"t given a favorable diagnosis and started using natural remedies, I have been lucky as it has been held at bay for the last seven years. Doctors are surprised and tell me to keep doing what I"m doing.

Comment from: Shivi, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: April 22

I"m 36 and got operated for brain stem benign tumor on January 18, 2014. That was just after a week I got to know that I was suffering from brain tumor. My symptoms were there for almost a year and they were throbbing pain, loss of balance, nausea, blindness and irritability. All these were for fractions of seconds. I could diagnose my problem by the help and advice of an eye surgeon. I profusely thank him for making me aware at the right time.

Comment from: Brandy, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: January 29

I'm a 33 year old brain tumor survivor. I found out when I was 23 that I have a central neurocytoma. I had terrible migraines for over two years, loss of balance, nausea, floaters, temporary blindness and dizziness.

Comment from: Ernie167, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: November 21

I was diagnosed with a meningioma and a brain stem tumor in August 2013. They are benign but I have symptoms daily, mild headaches, dizziness and nausea. I was just put on medications yesterday. Let's see if they will control my symptoms.

Comment from: terry7r8, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: May 09

Luckily I work for neurosurgeons. I started having headaches on Monday last week. By Wednesday, one of the doctors noticed dropping on one side of my face, and I went for scans. A mass was found in my brain, I had a biopsy on Thursday and was home by Saturday. I will start chemotherapy/radiation in about 4 weeks. I'm a very positive person and believe that as I speak it the disease is healing in my head. I was very lucky.

Comment from: Jules, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: April 21

I had a benign tumor, close to my brain stem, removed last year February 2013! I would like to know if anyone has experienced bladder or bowel problems! I am healing well from brain tumor but my bladder pain is causing me terrible distress! I've been to the urologist and they can find nothing and concluded in must be the brain tumor!

Comment from: henry, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: March 27

I'm 25, I've been having a lot of weird headaches, not normal ones, very hard that last for seconds and then go. I have blurry vision, loss of balance and feel dizzy at times along with a lot of nausea. I pretty much have almost every brain tumor symptoms but I don't have healthcare. Ive been trying to get a free one from the government but it takes a lot of time to get it so now I'm just waiting. Some days are better than others, sometimes the symptoms are very strong and at other times they are barely noticeable. If you feel something like that and you have the chance to go to a doctor, do it, don't think twice. I am very scared and I haven't told this to any of my family members.

Comment from: Sharlton, 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: March 03

I am 25 and I had a brain tumor the size of a tennis ball and it sat right there at my frontal left side. I just want to let you know that, that part of your brain contains your speech, your balance and your sight. You see, they have removed my tumor in November 2013 but I still have all those problems. But now I am getting radiation, only 30 sessions but I had to there between Monday and Friday at least my radiation is going to end at Tuesday 4th of March and I can"t wait for that because I have only 3 sessions left.

Brain Tumor - Types Question: Please describe the type of brain tumor you have.
Brain Tumor - Treatment Question: What kinds of treatment did you undergo for your brain tumor?
Brain Tumor - Surgery Question: Please describe your experience with surgery for a brain tumor.
Brain Tumor - In Children Question: Was your child diagnosed with a brain tumor? Please share your experience.