Patient Comments: Brain Tumor - Symptoms

The symptoms of brain tumor can vary greatly from patient to patient. What were your symptoms at the onset of your disease?

Comment from: kry love, 35-44 Female (Caregiver) Published: October 13

I am nineteen years old and recently I found out my mom was told she had a brain tumor. When I talked to someone about it, she told me the best thing I could do was to tell my mom, I was there for her and supported her. Sometimes having someone there is the best medicine for the patient.

Comment from: sonia johnson, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: August 14

I was diagnosed with a brain tumor in 2000 and thank god it was benign. I was pregnant at the time and I guess that created the spring board for the onset of my headaches. After the hospital did a c-section and took my baby, they then did an mri and discovered that I had a brain tumor. I am now tumor free after 8 years and must return on a regular basis for my check ups.

Published: July 10

I had a brain tumor some years ago, which was removed after a 13-hour operation. My right inner ear was removed, and I had to have treatment for vocal chords. (I can't sing anymore!) My right shoulder is paralyzed, and I have great difficulty in swallowing. The right side of my face is not quite in alignment with the left side. But I am grateful that I can do most things, drive etc. I am now 75 years old. It took two years to find the tumor, which was buried deep at base of my brain and affected my nervous system. I am thankful to the doctors and surgeons who operated on me.

Brain Tumor - Types Question: Please describe the type of brain tumor you have.
Brain Tumor - Treatment Question: What kinds of treatment did you undergo for your brain tumor?
Brain Tumor - Surgery Question: Please describe your experience with surgery for a brain tumor.
Brain Tumor - In Children Question: Was your child diagnosed with a brain tumor? Please share your experience.