Patient Comments: Brain Tumor - Symptoms

The symptoms of brain tumor can vary greatly from patient to patient. What were your symptoms at the onset of your disease?

Published: June 11

My symptoms were I had no control of my left foot. I was unable to get my shoes on. My treatment was whole brain radiation. I also suffered with lung cancer and bone cancer. The brain tumor was on the right side of my brain on the frontal lobe.

Published: June 11

In my experience with a benign brain tumor, I kept a "dull" headache not severe but ever present. I started having problems with my mensural cycle, having a period and a week later another, my gyn ordered tests to rule out a pituitary tumor, and instead found a much larger tumor in the right frontal lobe.

Published: June 06

My daughter had brain surgery and chemo wafers were put in the brain. She is 20. We were told she had an aggressive cancer. Six days later the pathology report said it was not cancer. She had another brain surgery the next day to remove the wafers and the rest of the tumor. Six weeks later, she is still fighting infection, the skin around the incision is dying, the DR says he doesn't know why, she has a fever most of the time; she had a grand mal seizure, and has head aches that are unbearable. I can't find any info on what happens to a person who gets chemo wafers and doesn't need them. What damage does it do? How long does it last? No one wants to talk about it at the hospital. Where does a person go for answers? Has anyone else had this happen? What was the outcome?

Published: June 02

I had a brain tumor 5yrs ago it was benign my right eye was sunk into the back of my head putting pressure on the brain everything now clear hopefully wont return. Please check all symptoms don't put anything off.

Published: June 02

I had some throbbing in my head when I would bend over. Also, nauseous from time to time. Very unusual for me.

Comment from: Glenda, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: November 13

I had a lot of headaches, which I assumed were due to the fact I have migraines (diagnosed) since the age of 11. My headaches had become so severe that nothing caused the pain to cease. My head became very tender to touch; I could not even to tolerate moving my hair on the top part of my head. I eventually went to the Dr., who immediately ordered an MRI. This found my problem. Please do not put off going to the Dr. If you have symptoms. I wish I hadn't.

Comment from: 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: November 13

I had no headaches at all. I had a brain seizure, my husband called 911 and I was rushed to the hospital. The doctors said after my scan that I had a mass on my brain. They didn't think it was cancer by my blood work. I had scans done on my whole body, which came back negative from cancer. A few days later I had the tumor removed everything went well. I was on Keppra for 3 months. My surgery was done in March. Two weeks and I had another seizure, was put back on Keppra.

Comment from: Pat, Female (Caregiver) Published: November 13

I have lived and worked in the health service in the USA, England and Northern Ireland and notice a large number or brain tumors in rural Ireland. In my village of 600 people I know of at least 10 who have brain tumors and with virtually no pollution. I fear it could be due to the phosphates and waste which gets into the water system from the farmers fields. Many fish have also died here in the past 10 years. I wondered if these things are linked.

Comment from: bryan, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: October 13

I am most concerned I feel nausea every day light headed and extremely dry mouth, I also pick up strong smells that others say aren't there. I have yellow discoloring of the fingers and have trouble concentrating words are difficult. My problem is that I am in Borneo jungle with little health care. I feel I must return to UK. Would any one know the best place to go?

Brain Tumor - Types Question: Please describe the type of brain tumor you have.
Brain Tumor - Treatment Question: What kinds of treatment did you undergo for your brain tumor?
Brain Tumor - Surgery Question: Please describe your experience with surgery for a brain tumor.
Brain Tumor - In Children Question: Was your child diagnosed with a brain tumor? Please share your experience.