Patient Comments: Brain Tumor - Symptoms

The symptoms of brain tumor can vary greatly from patient to patient. What were your symptoms at the onset of your disease?

Comment from: Ammu, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: June 11

I am having continuous headache. I fear that I have brain tumor.

Comment from: Izzy, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: March 27

I got a CT scan Monday and they found a mass in my brain. I'm scared, it is by my fourth ventricle against my brain stem. I have no hydrocephalus.

Comment from: Priyanka, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: March 18

For last one month I had fever but after taking medicine I am still ill, I have very bad headache. I have all body pain badly, I lose my concentration, and also lose my memory is affected. I am concerned it is brain tumor.

Comment from: jenny, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: October 02

My symptoms of brain tumor were tiredness and fainting.

Comment from: skip, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: February 28

I am diabetic and I have neuropathy. I reel when I walk. The doctor thinks an MRI will show a brain tumor.

Comment from: nono, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: February 20

I am a 33 years old lady. I"m not diagnosed yet but there"s something worrying me. I"ve been sick for the past 5 months, I"ve changed hospitals but the doctors can"t help me because they can"t see anything. All my blood tests were negative. My problem is I"ve got a headache that pulls my neck muscles and there"s some tingling sensation like something is moving in my head. I wonder if that can be a sign of brain tumor because I don"t have balance when walking and I"m weak.

Comment from: Kelp, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: January 23

With my brain tumor, he first clear sign that something was weird was a heightened sense of smell.

Comment from: norby, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: December 13

I simply woke up in the hospital, thank goodness I woke up! I had GBM (glioblastoma multiforme) grade IV in the right temporal lobe. I had surgery, chemotherapy and radiation. I was a healthy guy worked as a deep sea diver, rode a Harley, raced flat track and was fit as I could be. Now I'm just glad I know my name.

Comment from: SierraLaDonn, 65-74 Female (Caregiver) Published: October 15

My grandfather is in the hospital right now for a brain tumor. The whole back of his brain is nothing but a huge tumor. It's even eating through his skull. He just turned 72 a couple days ago. His symptoms that I know of are weight loss, no appetite, weakness, etc.

Comment from: carolyn, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: August 19

i had a brain tumor in 2003 and had a surgery one week after they found the tumor and it left me with weakness on the right side of my face, and in 2006 they diagnosed another tumor i had another surgery. I now have mengioma and I have 4 tumors on my brain (noncancer). I have headache every day now my body on the right side is weakening. I cant do anything but pray that they don't grow anymore.

Brain Tumor - Types Question: Please describe the type of brain tumor you have.
Brain Tumor - Treatment Question: What kinds of treatment did you undergo for your brain tumor?
Brain Tumor - Surgery Question: Please describe your experience with surgery for a brain tumor.
Brain Tumor - In Children Question: Was your child diagnosed with a brain tumor? Please share your experience.