Patient Comments: Brain Tumor - Types

Please describe the type of brain tumor you have.

Comment from: Fbwill88, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: August 25

I was at work when I became dizzy and my handwriting changed. I went to emergency room 3 times, and after a 2nd MRI showed fast growing brain tumor, I was sent to another hospital. I had 2 biopsies which showed benign fast growing tumor around pons, brain stem and cerebellum. Now I have left sided weakness, vision problems and dizziness. But I am glad to be alive and believe I am improving slowly. It's a shock because I was so healthy before all of this. Humbling, as I need help for showering, cooking, cleaning, etc.

Comment from: Wendi, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: June 30

I have a benign intraventricular tumor in my third ventricle that is now 22 mm. I almost always have a headache and have no appetite, I have lost 50 pounds which is good as I was overweight. I cannot work and feel rather confused. I do not know how much longer I can wait to have it removed, it is still not blocking spinal fluid flow. It is definitely affecting my quality of life.

Comment from: canuck, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: December 30

My first and only symptom was a very intermittent tingling on my left cheek. After it continued for about 3 months (it was very intermittent so initially I was not concerned), I went to a general doctor and he did an assessment. He was concerned as he did not think it was a stroke or a pinched nerve and sent me for an MRI to be on the safe side. Diagnosis a tumor, left side on the petrous apex, near my brain stem. Thankfully the surgery was successful and the tumor a meningioma.

Comment from: Sandy, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: June 19

I am just diagnosed with a germ cell brain tumor. It is 4.4cm x 3.2cm. This was diagnosed in the emergency room (ER) after having an eye appointment due to blurry vision. I am trying to get appointment with neurologist but I have no insurance and most likely couldn't get insured now if I wanted to.

Comment from: ME, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: May 07

I was diagnosed with Triple Negative brain cancer 4 years ago. My back has hurt for several years, but tolerable. Now, I am having headaches for almost 2 weeks now, and they are pretty bad. I also have fallen a couple of times and have at least 1 dizzy spell each day. I do not want to go to the doctor and start having a bunch of tests. My job is very stressful, I am in college, and I have a teenager. It could be stress, so I don"t want to waste time and money if a test is not needed.

Comment from: Garden Of Roses, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: December 30

I had a stroke on August 1 of 2014. The emergency doctor ordered MRI of the brain, and it turned out I have brain tumor (meningioma). I been having headache for long time, having double vision, memory loss, and nausea.

Comment from: gus, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: August 15

I have small slow growing tumor on the front left lobe of my brain.

Comment from: ceedie, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: March 26

I was diagnosed in 2010 with a macroadenoma of the pituitary gland. I woke up in the middle of the night with the worst headache of my life and started vomiting soon after. Within 2 weeks I was having surgery to remove it. I had gained a lot of weight and my eyesight was blurry even with glasses. The tumor was pressing on my optic nerve which is the reason why surgery was done so quickly. Since the surgery my eyesight returned to normal but my hair fell out and I now have thyroid problems and taking medication. I had other hormonal imbalances from the surgery but they have resolved. I still have a yearly MRI and blood tests every 6 months to make sure there is no recurrence.

Brain Tumor - Symptoms Question: The symptoms of brain tumor can vary greatly from patient to patient. What were your symptoms at the onset of your disease?
Brain Tumor - Treatment Question: What kinds of treatment did you undergo for your brain tumor?
Brain Tumor - Surgery Question: Please describe your experience with surgery for a brain tumor.
Brain Tumor - In Children Question: Was your child diagnosed with a brain tumor? Please share your experience.