Patient Comments: Brain Tumor - Types

Please describe the type of brain tumor you have.

Comment from: Al Gorithm, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: January 06

I endured an awful weekend with fever, pain and general malaise. This morning I noticed a white spot on my gum. I barely touched the spot with a needle and foul pus erupted. I got almost immediate relief from the pressure and pain. Later the fever subsided and I felt much better. I didn't know that what I had was a dental abscess. I fear I'm going to lose the tooth but I won't know for sure until I see my dentist. Draining the abscess may not have been the right thing to do so don't use my example as what should be done.

Comment from: Fbwill88, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: August 25

I was at work when I became dizzy and my handwriting changed. I went to emergency room 3 times, and after a 2nd MRI showed fast growing brain tumor, I was sent to another hospital. I had 2 biopsies which showed benign fast growing tumor around pons, brain stem and cerebellum. Now I have left sided weakness, vision problems and dizziness. But I am glad to be alive and believe I am improving slowly. It's a shock because I was so healthy before all of this. Humbling, as I need help for showering, cooking, cleaning, etc.

Comment from: Wendi, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: June 30

I have a benign intraventricular tumor in my third ventricle that is now 22 mm. I almost always have a headache and have no appetite, I have lost 50 pounds which is good as I was overweight. I cannot work and feel rather confused. I do not know how much longer I can wait to have it removed, it is still not blocking spinal fluid flow. It is definitely affecting my quality of life.

Comment from: canuck, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: December 30

My first and only symptom was a very intermittent tingling on my left cheek. After it continued for about 3 months (it was very intermittent so initially I was not concerned), I went to a general doctor and he did an assessment. He was concerned as he did not think it was a stroke or a pinched nerve and sent me for an MRI to be on the safe side. Diagnosis a tumor, left side on the petrous apex, near my brain stem. Thankfully the surgery was successful and the tumor a meningioma.

Comment from: Sandy, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: June 19

I am just diagnosed with a germ cell brain tumor. It is 4.4cm x 3.2cm. This was diagnosed in the emergency room (ER) after having an eye appointment due to blurry vision. I am trying to get appointment with neurologist but I have no insurance and most likely couldn't get insured now if I wanted to.

Comment from: shazeb khan, Male (Patient) Published: December 11

I have tinnitus problem since 2 months, so now it is ringing in my ears so that I can't sleep properly. The doctor told me it is a tumor in the back of ear.

Comment from: Garden Of Roses, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: December 30

I had a stroke on August 1 of 2014. The emergency doctor ordered MRI of the brain, and it turned out I have brain tumor (meningioma). I been having headache for long time, having double vision, memory loss, and nausea.

Brain Tumor - Symptoms Question: The symptoms of brain tumor can vary greatly from patient to patient. What were your symptoms at the onset of your disease?
Brain Tumor - Treatment Question: What kinds of treatment did you undergo for your brain tumor?
Brain Tumor - Surgery Question: Please describe your experience with surgery for a brain tumor.
Brain Tumor - In Children Question: Was your child diagnosed with a brain tumor? Please share your experience.