Patient Comments: Brain Tumor - Types

Please describe the type of brain tumor you have.

Comment from: Joyce, Female (Patient) Published: April 01

I was diagnosed with brain cancer in Jan 2013. I was having trouble with my eyes shooting to the left and staying there for around 30 seconds. I was later told I had a mass the size of a walnut on my brain. I had surgery. The doctor told me I had stage IV brain cancer.

Comment from: anne, 35-44 Male (Caregiver) Published: February 12

I have had very intense pain in my chest due to costochondritis, as well as bouts of awful numbness. I have found an amazing remedy; lots of yoga. It is fantastic, my symptoms are 99 percent better.

Comment from: Al Gorithm, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: January 06

I endured an awful weekend with fever, pain and general malaise. This morning I noticed a white spot on my gum. I barely touched the spot with a needle and foul pus erupted. I got almost immediate relief from the pressure and pain. Later the fever subsided and I felt much better. I didn't know that what I had was a dental abscess. I fear I'm going to lose the tooth but I won't know for sure until I see my dentist. Draining the abscess may not have been the right thing to do so don't use my example as what should be done.

Comment from: Fbwill88, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: August 25

I was at work when I became dizzy and my handwriting changed. I went to emergency room 3 times, and after a 2nd MRI showed fast growing brain tumor, I was sent to another hospital. I had 2 biopsies which showed benign fast growing tumor around pons, brain stem and cerebellum. Now I have left sided weakness, vision problems and dizziness. But I am glad to be alive and believe I am improving slowly. It's a shock because I was so healthy before all of this. Humbling, as I need help for showering, cooking, cleaning, etc.

Comment from: Wendi, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: June 30

I have a benign intraventricular tumor in my third ventricle that is now 22 mm. I almost always have a headache and have no appetite, I have lost 50 pounds which is good as I was overweight. I cannot work and feel rather confused. I do not know how much longer I can wait to have it removed, it is still not blocking spinal fluid flow. It is definitely affecting my quality of life.

Comment from: MRI, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: May 17

I was having blackouts and seizures in public, before being diagnosed with brain tumor.

Comment from: Karen397, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: May 17

I have severe headaches. Anxiety, balance problems, and double vision. I'm scared it might be brain tumor.

Comment from: canuck, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: December 30

My first and only symptom was a very intermittent tingling on my left cheek. After it continued for about 3 months (it was very intermittent so initially I was not concerned), I went to a general doctor and he did an assessment. He was concerned as he did not think it was a stroke or a pinched nerve and sent me for an MRI to be on the safe side. Diagnosis a tumor, left side on the petrous apex, near my brain stem. Thankfully the surgery was successful and the tumor a meningioma.

Brain Tumor - Symptoms Question: The symptoms of brain tumor can vary greatly from patient to patient. What were your symptoms at the onset of your disease?
Brain Tumor - Treatment Question: What kinds of treatment did you undergo for your brain tumor?
Brain Tumor - Surgery Question: Please describe your experience with surgery for a brain tumor.
Brain Tumor - In Children Question: Was your child diagnosed with a brain tumor? Please share your experience.