Patient Comments: Brain Tumor - Types

Please describe the type of brain tumor you have.

Comment from: brenda58, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: April 12

No symptoms. Diagnosis: Acoustic Neuroma over size of goal ball pressing on brain stem. Removed on May 10, 2010. Removal caused me to be 100% deaf in right ear. In Dec. 09,2010 "BAHA" implantation to aid in hearing on the right side as well as balance issues.

Comment from: sgeor, 35-44 Female (Caregiver) Published: March 22

My sister aged 38 had a convulsion December, 2010. CT scan and MRI revealed a low grade glioma; our Doctor suggested another MRI after 3 months or operation on SOS. She was fine these 3 months except for some occasional headaches; The 2nd MRI after 3 months revealed a rapidly growing lesion and suggested a high grade glioma. Doctor suggested an emergency surgery. She's being operated on now.

Comment from: kristi, 45-54 Female (Caregiver) Published: January 24

I have a stage 2 brain tumor the size of a tennis ball on the side of my head.

Comment from: Lisa, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: January 03

Three years ago I suddenly had trouble walking. Within 3 weeks I was falling and couldn't control my right leg. I had an MRI and discovered a brain tumor the size of a grapefruit. It was removed and after rehab I was able to walk again. A year later, after a checkup another tumor appeared and was operated on. This time because of location the surgeon couldn't take it all out and I also had gamma knife radiation on the other part. After, I felt fine but in another checkup this year, another tumor appeared and was surgically removed. I am planning on having gamma knife to burn some tiny tumors. I feel good and have no obvious symptoms.

Comment from: Please Help, 19-24 Male (Caregiver) Published: February 27

My cousin Eddie has a brain tumor in his brain stem and so far he has had the symptoms of sleeping more and more, and eating and drinking less and less. He was diagnosed with it before November and the doctors said he would be lucky if he made it to his 21st birthday, which was in January. He's still fighting...

Comment from: rick, 75 or over Male (Caregiver) Published: January 20

My father recently died of 2 brain tumors. One was very large; the other small. He was very irritable the last year of his life; mood swings; angry; remembering things. Could his tumors have played a role in this.

Comment from: jmc2010, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: October 05

I was diagnosed with a benign brain tumor called an acoustic neuroma. I had a trans lab surgery last year to remove most of the tumor. If it grows back I will have gamma knife to kill the rest.

Brain Tumor - Symptoms Question: The symptoms of brain tumor can vary greatly from patient to patient. What were your symptoms at the onset of your disease?
Brain Tumor - Treatment Question: What kinds of treatment did you undergo for your brain tumor?
Brain Tumor - Surgery Question: Please describe your experience with surgery for a brain tumor.
Brain Tumor - In Children Question: Was your child diagnosed with a brain tumor? Please share your experience.