Patient Comments: Brain Tumor - Types

Please describe the type of brain tumor you have.

Comment from: christie, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: June 29

About 15 years ago, I went to the emergency room for a really bad headache. A CT scan was performed, and the doctor told me I had a sinus infection. Later they found I had a fatty tumor on my brain, but it was microscopic.

Comment from: gg, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: June 09

I have a low grade brain tumor in the white area of brain.

Comment from: frankie jr., 7-12 Male (Caregiver) Published: March 16

Well my son was 7 years old when they found his brain tumor in 07. He really didn't have that many symptoms except vomiting every once in a while. Everyone kept saying it was a stomach virus. He would not stop vomiting and we took him to the hospital where they did a CT scan and found a brain tumor the size of a baseball and it was rapidly growing. The doctor said if we would not have brought him in, he would have died within a week. We were devastated. He went through 15 hours of surgery and he went through radiation and chemo for about a year. It was finally all gone, but then about 2 months, later he had a bad seizure. The doctors did another CT scan and found that cancer had spread all over his brain. They gave him 3 months to live. We love and miss our Frankie very much. He was a brave little boy and he tried so hard to beat this cancer. He would have been 12 years old today.

Comment from: cynthia, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: March 16

I was diagnosed with a grade 1 brain tumor last June, and I have had epilepsy for many years. I am having a lot of trouble putting thoughts into words. It is almost every sentence now. I have also gained a lot of weight - maybe from anxiety, but don't know. It isn't like me to eat like a horse.

Comment from: Peggy, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: December 17

In 2010 I had surgery to remove two meningiomas, one behind my right eye and one behind my right ear. In Oct, of this year I was diagnosed with another meningioma lying next to my brain stem. This one is too high risk to remove at this time.

Comment from: kelsieg, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: November 15

When in high school I had a large grape-sized bump behind my left ear. It sort of popped one day and moved into a vein shaped lump running vertically down my neck. I ignored it for years. Meanwhile I noticed I had liquid seeping out from behind my ear just enough to notice and only when I was swelled up. I swell up each morning and I still deal with ear issues like painfulness, hearing loss, twitches, paralysis, vision loss beyond my years, sinus disease, and all sorts of balance and cognitive issues. Despite doctors not diagnosing me right, one doctor decided to remove the lump in my neck. It was a solitary circumscribed neuroma. I still have my ear issues and balance and cognitive issues so I am wondering what else is in there. They didn't see my tumor on any imaging so I doubt they can see much in my ear but here I go again on another trip through doctor land to find the one who will remove it because it seems this is my only option for both diagnosis and treatment. I hope I am the only one going through this but if not just remember to advocate for yourself and don't take any bull. They don't know as much as we think they do.

Comment from: Rajeev, 65-74 Female (Caregiver) Published: May 14

My mother 71 years had benign brain tumor, which was operated on 10th April, 12 but after one month we found in MRI it was growing (2cm). She if now suffering with weakness, uncontrolled urine and mild headache. I need help for next step. Please suggest.

Comment from: Shane, 19-24 Male (Patient) Published: March 07

When I was 20 I had a brain tumor. I woke up one morning with the worst headache of my life and threw up probably twice a day. I started losing my sight for about 5 seconds at a time after standing from a prone position. I went to the optometrist; he sent me to his superior how then suggested I go to a hospital. I found out I had a tumor that night and 2 days later was operated on.

Brain Tumor - Symptoms Question: The symptoms of brain tumor can vary greatly from patient to patient. What were your symptoms at the onset of your disease?
Brain Tumor - Treatment Question: What kinds of treatment did you undergo for your brain tumor?
Brain Tumor - Surgery Question: Please describe your experience with surgery for a brain tumor.
Brain Tumor - In Children Question: Was your child diagnosed with a brain tumor? Please share your experience.