Patient Comments: Brain Tumor - Types

Please describe the type of brain tumor you have.

Comment from: brainy, 35-44 Female (Caregiver) Published: November 02

I have a patient and it happened that I was about to graduate my care giving course. And she was my first patient as stay in caregiver here in locality. It was devastating to tell that at her early age she got a brain tumor. At first she was in the stage of denial and refuses the medicine prescribed by doctor. Then until the tumor must be operated. Good to say I convinced her to undergo operation for her own good. I don't know what happened to her that she agreed to me. Maybe because she accepted the fact that she need to undergo treatment. Thank goodness she now fine and healthy.

Comment from: chris, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: August 10

I am a 48 y/ old male with 15 tumors in my Brain and Spine, called Choroid Plexus Pappalomas. Two were removed and the others are not reachable. I had Radiation and Chemo to shrink them down, but no good. It paralyzed me from the chest down. I'm told these are only found in Babies and very young kids, so how the heck did I end up with them.

Comment from: cindy, 25-34 Male (Caregiver) Published: March 25

Hi my name is Cindy and my husband Fernando has a brain tumor that is cancer. He just finished getting radiotherapy a week ago on his back he goes in again on Monday to start the radiotherapy on his brain. My husband is 33 years old he's paralyzed from the waist down since November of last year. He can't hear from his left side and can't talk very well. He's taking this therapy very badly. He doesn't want to eat and is so very skinny. What makes all this worse is that he's in Mexico. You see Fernando was deported from the US a year ago and is not allowed back. His mother, bless her heart works everyday to help with his medical bills medications and room and board for him. She even has a lawyer working on his case to try and get him back. Fernando is a good hard working loving man husband and father and never should have been deported!! I just pray to god that these doctors know what they are doing and get my husband better.

Comment from: Lola, 25-34 Female (Caregiver) Published: March 02

My mom was diagnosed with a tumor in her brain more than a year ago now. She had it removed right away with surgery. It was quite large; we were all very scared. After her surgery, she was sent home the next day and recovered great. Five months later, she went for a MRI, and it was back, and three more tumors came with it. We were all devastated. She was strong, and she did cyber knife radiation for six weeks. The tumors stopped growing for a bit. Then we went back a year after her surgery and found out that there were now 13 tumors in total in her brain. She was so sick: vomiting and headaches. We were all just so beaten by this. Sadly, she lost her life at the age of 53. She was strong, and she is now healthy and happy. We miss her every day.

Comment from: beverly bush, 35-44 Female (Caregiver) Published: August 14

I have a tumor on the left side of my brain.

Comment from: maria conlee, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: February 20

I have a brain tumor which doctors have detected in the middle of my brain in a mass of liquid which is not cancer. I wonder if this could be the reason for getting a lot of migraines and pressure in my head.

Comment from: Haley, 45-54 Female (Caregiver) Published: October 15

My friend is only 21 year old she has a softball size tumor in her brain.

Comment from: ScarlettsWeb, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: May 01

I had a malignant ependymoma, Grade 2, removed from the fourth ventricle and brain stem during two surgeries in June of 2012, followed by 30 radiation treatments to ensure all cancer cells were gone. Chemo is not an option in my case. Since the second surgery, I have suffered from double vision (prisms on eyeglasses not working so far), tremors (ataxia) in my left arm and leg, general weakness, and severe nausea, dizziness, and dry heaves/vomiting. Ependymoma in adults is somewhat rare. I just want to get back a little closer to my old normal. I love and have the utmost confidence in my neurosurgeon, and the rest of my medical team is great as well. My family is indispensable. I'm also blessed with friends and neighbors. Good luck to all of us suffering through this type of challenge.

Brain Tumor - Symptoms Question: The symptoms of brain tumor can vary greatly from patient to patient. What were your symptoms at the onset of your disease?
Brain Tumor - Treatment Question: What kinds of treatment did you undergo for your brain tumor?
Brain Tumor - Surgery Question: Please describe your experience with surgery for a brain tumor.
Brain Tumor - In Children Question: Was your child diagnosed with a brain tumor? Please share your experience.