Patient Comments: Brain Tumor - Types

Please describe the type of brain tumor you have.

Comment from: shelleyplew, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: June 05

I have an inoperable brain stem tumor that is a menongioma. I want to know the prognosis of this condition. They have only offered radiation treatment to stop the growth of the tumor. Not enough is known about this condition and I was wondering if anybody out there knows of anybody who has a meningioma on the brain stem.

Comment from: wm18, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: June 04

I am a 46 year old woman who has a tumor in my back sinus cavity that is inoperable. I also have one on my optic nerve behind my right eye. In November 2006 I had it removed, but the doctors left 3%. I go every year for an MRI to see if it has grown. This past month I found out that the tumor has grown and doubled in size. I'm not sure what is next for me, but I am scared. I will fight it with everything I have.

Comment from: blumen62, 45-54 Male (Caregiver) Published: March 21

My on recently turned 50 and was diagnosed w/a brain tumor, turned out to be melanoma cancer. He just finished radiation, and now starts chemo. Temodar is the pill he takes for 5 days, then off for 3 weeks. He is very healthy and athletic, so I am praying this can get him cancer free. He has a great attitude and hopefully will beat this thing. Has anyone else heard of melanoma in the brain? Doctors cannot find cancer anywhere else in or on his body.

Comment from: kahisha, 55-64 Male (Caregiver) Published: January 24

My father has a brain tumor(pituitary) whereby he got operated at first in 2001, but soon after the operation he just lost vision and he couldn't see again, after two years they did some diagnosis and found that it started to grow again so he just got another operation in 2003, but this time things are so worse he keeps saying some imaginary things like he sees some people when he is walking even sometimes when he is alone also loss of memory and lot of problems so I was seeking for the advice if there are any medication that we may give him as I our country we don't have therapist which I think they might be a help I am from Tanzania.

Comment from: brainy, 35-44 Female (Caregiver) Published: November 02

I have a patient and it happened that I was about to graduate my care giving course. And she was my first patient as stay in caregiver here in locality. It was devastating to tell that at her early age she got a brain tumor. At first she was in the stage of denial and refuses the medicine prescribed by doctor. Then until the tumor must be operated. Good to say I convinced her to undergo operation for her own good. I don't know what happened to her that she agreed to me. Maybe because she accepted the fact that she need to undergo treatment. Thank goodness she now fine and healthy.

Comment from: chris, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: August 10

I am a 48 y/ old male with 15 tumors in my Brain and Spine, called Choroid Plexus Pappalomas. Two were removed and the others are not reachable. I had Radiation and Chemo to shrink them down, but no good. It paralyzed me from the chest down. I'm told these are only found in Babies and very young kids, so how the heck did I end up with them.

Comment from: cindy, 25-34 Male (Caregiver) Published: March 25

Hi my name is Cindy and my husband Fernando has a brain tumor that is cancer. He just finished getting radiotherapy a week ago on his back he goes in again on Monday to start the radiotherapy on his brain. My husband is 33 years old he's paralyzed from the waist down since November of last year. He can't hear from his left side and can't talk very well. He's taking this therapy very badly. He doesn't want to eat and is so very skinny. What makes all this worse is that he's in Mexico. You see Fernando was deported from the US a year ago and is not allowed back. His mother, bless her heart works everyday to help with his medical bills medications and room and board for him. She even has a lawyer working on his case to try and get him back. Fernando is a good hard working loving man husband and father and never should have been deported!! I just pray to god that these doctors know what they are doing and get my husband better.

Brain Tumor - Symptoms Question: The symptoms of brain tumor can vary greatly from patient to patient. What were your symptoms at the onset of your disease?
Brain Tumor - Treatment Question: What kinds of treatment did you undergo for your brain tumor?
Brain Tumor - Surgery Question: Please describe your experience with surgery for a brain tumor.
Brain Tumor - In Children Question: Was your child diagnosed with a brain tumor? Please share your experience.