Patient Comments: Brain Tumor - In Children

Was your child diagnosed with a brain tumor? Please share your experience.

Comment from: carolyn, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: June 05

I had a tumor in my brain. I had headache and I had a droop on my right side of my face, and my right eye kept watering a lot. I got real dizzy and started losing my strength on the right side. I couldn't lift my right arm and was clumsy walking. I rushed to the hospital and that's when they did an MRI and found a large tumor as big as a golf ball. I had a Surgery the next week.

Comment from: Kessington, 3-6 Female (Caregiver) Published: March 13

I have a lovely daughter who was diagnosed with craniopharyngioma a type of brain tumor 2 years ago. Since then it's been hell and so much for her, she has undergone four surgeries but till date the tumor keeps on reoccurring. I was forced to take her to India but still doctors there were even more terrible because their major interest was the fund. They referred us for image guided radiation therapy (IGRT) in three months, but till date they have ignored us over our plight. Now the tumor has reoccurred again.

Comment from: Kat, 7-12 Male (Caregiver) Published: March 13

My child has chronic head pain, can't play, is moody and agitated and just lies down.

Brain Tumor - Symptoms Question: The symptoms of brain tumor can vary greatly from patient to patient. What were your symptoms at the onset of your disease?
Brain Tumor - Types Question: Please describe the type of brain tumor you have.
Brain Tumor - Treatment Question: What kinds of treatment did you undergo for your brain tumor?
Brain Tumor - Surgery Question: Please describe your experience with surgery for a brain tumor.