Patient Comments: Brain Tumor - Surgery

Please describe your experience with surgery for a brain tumor.

Comment from: Paula, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: March 04

I am going to have my eighth brain surgery this month. This will be my fifth surgery for brain tumors. One of the other surgeries was for a brain bleed caused when a bard filter was placed in my vena cava and it pierced the vena cava and caused extensive bleeding, I had 30 units of blood for this. The other two surgeries were the placement of a shunt after it was discovered I had fluid on the brain. From bard filter placement to shunt placement it was only three months and I am still suffering from these surgeries. I had an MRI in April of last year and I just had one in January and was told the brain tumor was growing again. I had gama knife surgery for this tumor 19 years ago.

Brain Tumor - Symptoms Question: The symptoms of brain tumor can vary greatly from patient to patient. What were your symptoms at the onset of your disease?
Brain Tumor - Types Question: Please describe the type of brain tumor you have.
Brain Tumor - Treatment Question: What kinds of treatment did you undergo for your brain tumor?
Brain Tumor - In Children Question: Was your child diagnosed with a brain tumor? Please share your experience.