Patient Comments: Brain Lesions - Signs and Symptoms

What signs or symptoms led to testing for and a diagnosis of brain lesions?

Comment from: susan dr, 65-74 Female (Caregiver) Published: February 12

My mom was diagnosed with herpetic encephalitis and she had 11 grand mal seizures which left lesions all over her poor brain. This was in 95 and the only permanent problem left over was short term memory loss. Recently to help her with this her doctor prescribed 5mg Aricept and it has made her head feel crazy. When she has been lying down reading or sleeping she can't stand up without a lot of assistance. It's scaring her and me.

Comment from: MS,the brain disease, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: May 21

After a bout of optic neuritis and an MRI showing 3 brain lesions in 1999, I was followed 6 years with annual unchanged brain MRIS for possible multiple sclerosis (MS). Unfortunately, the brain lesions multiplied in 2005 and a lumbar puncture with the earlier neurological episode of optic neuritis confirmed the MS diagnosis.

Comment from: dmax, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: February 28

I was diagnosed with brain lesions in 2012. This was due to the fact that I had Congo fever in 1999. I am suffering from headache, neck pain, and short memory loss. The biggest lesion is about 16mm.

Comment from: sobe, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: August 21

I had severe headaches and was given a MRI of my head. It showed lesions all over my brain. They told me it was MS or severe brain trauma sometime in my life. No follow-ups were done.

Brain Lesions - Causes Question: If you or someone you know were diagnosed with brain lesions, what is the cause?
Brain Lesions - Treatment Question: Depending on the diagnosis, what is the treatment for your brain lesions?