Patient Comments: Brain Lesions - Signs and Symptoms

What signs or symptoms led to testing for and a diagnosis of brain lesions?

Comment from: MS,the brain disease, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: May 21

After a bout of optic neuritis and an MRI showing 3 brain lesions in 1999, I was followed 6 years with annual unchanged brain MRIS for possible multiple sclerosis (MS). Unfortunately, the brain lesions multiplied in 2005 and a lumbar puncture with the earlier neurological episode of optic neuritis confirmed the MS diagnosis.

Comment from: dmax, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: February 28

I was diagnosed with brain lesions in 2012. This was due to the fact that I had Congo fever in 1999. I am suffering from headache, neck pain, and short memory loss. The biggest lesion is about 16mm.

Comment from: sobe, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: August 21

I had severe headaches and was given a MRI of my head. It showed lesions all over my brain. They told me it was MS or severe brain trauma sometime in my life. No follow-ups were done.

Brain Lesions - Causes Question: If you or someone you know were diagnosed with brain lesions, what is the cause?
Brain Lesions - Treatment Question: Depending on the diagnosis, what is the treatment for your brain lesions?