Patient Comments: Brain Lesions - Causes

If you or someone you know were diagnosed with brain lesions, what is the cause?

Comment from: cathy, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: March 14

My lesion is a result rolling down a flight of stairs, this has caused me to have focal seizures or staring spells, that didn't show up for 5 years after the injury.

Comment from: Lyme Lesions, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: February 11

My brain lesions are caused by advanced Lyme disease and its co-infections. After a year on IV antibiotic treatments I call my antibiotic cocktail, my recent MRI showed no further advancement. They have not healed or decreased but no new lesions are showing. I have also experienced improved cognitive function and reduction in headache pain with improved overall health. If you are suffering from Lyme lesions know there is hope.

Comment from: Patina 21, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: February 03

The cause of my brain lesions was chronic Lyme disease. I am infected with spirochete in my brain. I am going to be taking IV Antibiotics.

Comment from: ddindenver, 65-74 Male (Caregiver) Published: February 03

My husband had a severe stiff neck for several months before he was diagnosed with glioblastoma multiforme. After a PET, MRI and chest x-ray, a craniotomy was done to biopsy the brain. The neurosurgeon was convinced before and after the craniotomy that he did not see a tumor but rather a fungus. However, two leading pathologists diagnosed it as a glioblastoma. From diagnosis to demise was 18 days. He had a heart transplant 17 years out and therefore immunosuppressed. He did have many skin melanomas removed over the years and one was excised from his anterior skull, approximately 8 months before the onset of the tumors. The biopsy was a punch and about 19.05 mm deep. We received no lab reports concerning the lesion. I am still curious, because he had no other primary, if the melanoma on his skull could have caused the glioblastoma.

Comment from: bobbih, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: April 24

I was told today I have a lesions on my right frontal lobe, I have had no head trauma. I have pressure on my brain and fluid. They are starting me on acetazolamide to get the swelling down that is causing the worst headache I have ever had, and to get the swelling off my eyes so I don't lose any more eye sight. I am more confused as ever.

Brain Lesions - Signs and Symptoms Question: What signs or symptoms led to testing for and a diagnosis of brain lesions?
Brain Lesions - Treatment Question: Depending on the diagnosis, what is the treatment for your brain lesions?