Patient Comments: Brain Hemorrhage - Causes

What was the cause of your brain hemorrhage?

Comment from: 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: February 20

In 2009 when I was 35 years of age I suffered bleeding on the brain, having fractured my skull after having an epileptic fit and banging my head on the bathroom floor. The doctors were 50/50 going to operate, they decided not to operate and in time the blood clot reduced in size. I suffer from bad headaches from time to time.

Comment from: mcl3086, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: June 17

I had surgery to remove a meningioma and had a heart attack while in the recovery room. After that, the doctors placed me on a low dose of the blood thinner, heparin. As I had just had a second holed drilled into my skull, it wasn't a surprise that I developed a severe brain bleed within 24 hours. An external ventricular drain (EVD) was ordered which involved having more holes drilled into my skull to alleviate pressure. I also suffered hydrocephalus and a cerebellar tonsillar herniation. It has been seven months; I still have headaches almost every day, and memory and fatigue problems. I worry sometimes about the future, but I have learned that the only thing I can do is be patient and wait to see what symptoms are permanent and which will fade with time.

Brain Hemorrhage - Symptoms Question: Please describe your friend or relative's symptoms associated with a brain hemorrhage.
Brain Hemorrhage - Treatment Question: What was the treatment for brain hemorrhage in a friend of relative?
Brain Hemorrhage - Recovery Question: Did you, a friend, or relative recover from a brain hemorrhage? Please share your experience.