Patient Comments: Brain Hemorrhage - Recovery

Did you, a friend, or relative recover from a brain hemorrhage? Please share your experience.

Comment from: 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: July 28

I had a right parietal lobe bleed which also impacted my right occipital lobe 12 months ago. I was sent home 2 days after my arrival at the stroke center. I have an area of enhancement where my brain hemorrhage was so I continue to have MRIs every few months. I have short term memory issues as well as dizziness, slight cognitive decline, and slight weakness with left side but able to do self-care and light housekeeping. Neurosurgeon wants another MRI to rule out a tumor at enhanced area.

Comment from: FLOSS, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: April 25

I was driving home in the car when I felt as if I had been hit on the back of the head with a hammer. I felt a surging pain in the back of my head and somehow managed to get myself home, and hospital as I live near the hospital. By then I was in pain at the back of my head and fell to the floor, and don't remember much after that except being sick. I had a subarachnoid hemorrhage and as a result cognitive impairment, but hope this improves. I am not back at work yet and it has been eight weeks since the bleed. Leading up to the bleed I had a burning sensation in my head and body for a few weeks before the bleed, I went to the general physician and they put it down to the menopause. The MRI scan I had revealed I had a previous stroke around the time I was being treated for stress. I ask myself, could the bleed have been prevented had the stroke been discovered earlier.

Comment from: Lovesflowers, 55-64 Male (Caregiver) Published: July 14

My husband was diagnosed with 5-26-15 subarachnoid hemorrhage. He was monitored in ICU for one week and sent home with pain medication. Forty seven days later, he is still in pain, can't work and wondering if there's a light at the end of this tunnel. Doctor says it's a waiting game.

Comment from: Julie, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: September 25

I have had 3 brain hemorrhages. With my first one, for about a year I went to the doctor over and over again and was told I had migraine or was stressed. I was taken to hospital because I kept passing out, at the time it looked like I had a stroke but that would pass. I went to the hospital 52 times and not one scan did I have. I then developed a pain in my eye still no help. Then I could not see very well, could not stand daylight and was being sick all the time. In the end I went to see an eye specialist who told me I have dandruff in the eye and to wash it with Johnson baby. I did and the pain was even worse. I went to bed for about 10 minutes and the pain was like some had hit me with a hammer at the back of my head. I told my daughter to call the ambulance and I just fell to the floor. They took me to hospital and did a lumber punch. I had meningitis and brain hemorrhage. And they told me and my family the chances of me living would slim. I survived but had to learn to walk and talk and some part of my brain don't function, like my spelling is very poor, but still I got through it. I also ended up having another one years later which seemed just as bad. Of course in between that I had 5 strokes and they told me I might die again but it took me so long to try and function.

Comment from: ghani, 45-54 Male (Caregiver) Published: April 17

I had the experience of seeing my father suffer with brain hemorrhage due to chronic high blood pressure and tension. But after the treatment by medicine and exercise of 2 months, he recovered. Dio Plus 5/160 mg is the tablet for blood pressure control.

Comment from: coetzeegisela, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: December 16

I had surgery after accident for brain hemorrhage/clot. Now I have vestibular impairment.

Comment from: JoJo, 45-54 Female (Caregiver) Published: July 02

Both my sisters had brain Hemorrhages. One died when she was 32. The other survived but now after 8 years it seems she is having problems. She will be going into hospital soon to have tests done. She is experiencing headaches and I know she has serious personality problems which she did not have before. Anyway, that is my story I miss my sister who passed and I am fearful for this one now. JoJo

Brain Hemorrhage - Symptoms Question: Please describe your friend or relative's symptoms associated with a brain hemorrhage.
Brain Hemorrhage - Treatment Question: What was the treatment for brain hemorrhage in a friend of relative?
Brain Hemorrhage - Causes Question: What was the cause of your brain hemorrhage?