Patient Comments: Brain Hemorrhage - Recovery

Did you, a friend, or relative recover from a brain hemorrhage? Please share your experience.

Comment from: FLOSS, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: April 25

I was driving home in the car when I felt as if I had been hit on the back of the head with a hammer. I felt a surging pain in the back of my head and somehow managed to get myself home, and hospital as I live near the hospital. By then I was in pain at the back of my head and fell to the floor, and don't remember much after that except being sick. I had a subarachnoid hemorrhage and as a result cognitive impairment, but hope this improves. I am not back at work yet and it has been eight weeks since the bleed. Leading up to the bleed I had a burning sensation in my head and body for a few weeks before the bleed, I went to the general physician and they put it down to the menopause. The MRI scan I had revealed I had a previous stroke around the time I was being treated for stress. I ask myself, could the bleed have been prevented had the stroke been discovered earlier.

Comment from: ghani, 45-54 Male (Caregiver) Published: April 17

I had the experience of seeing my father suffer with brain hemorrhage due to chronic high blood pressure and tension. But after the treatment by medicine and exercise of 2 months, he recovered. Dio Plus 5/160 mg is the tablet for blood pressure control.

Comment from: coetzeegisela, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: December 16

I had surgery after accident for brain hemorrhage/clot. Now I have vestibular impairment.

Comment from: JoJo, 45-54 Female (Caregiver) Published: July 02

Both my sisters had brain Hemorrhages. One died when she was 32. The other survived but now after 8 years it seems she is having problems. She will be going into hospital soon to have tests done. She is experiencing headaches and I know she has serious personality problems which she did not have before. Anyway, that is my story I miss my sister who passed and I am fearful for this one now. JoJo

Brain Hemorrhage - Symptoms Question: Please describe your friend or relative's symptoms associated with a brain hemorrhage.
Brain Hemorrhage - Treatment Question: What was the treatment for brain hemorrhage in a friend of relative?
Brain Hemorrhage - Causes Question: What was the cause of your brain hemorrhage?