Patient Comments: Brain Hemorrhage - Symptoms

Please describe your friend or relative's symptoms associated with a brain hemorrhage.

Comment from: 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: April 17

Two years ago I had a brain hemorrhage. I was in the hospital for almost three months. It started with a very severe pain in the back of my head which moved up the center of my head. It was the worst pain ever. I started having weakness on my left side and it felt like my eyes were moving cross eyed. I had an angiogram done at the hospital and my bleeding had stopped so I didn"t need surgery. I had light sensitivity, felt very weak, and now I still have very bad headaches. I can't find anything to help my headaches now.

Comment from: sharonr1, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: October 15

I had a brain hemorrhage last Dec. 2012. I was in the hospital for 41 days before I came home. I only remember things from about 3 days before I came home. I died on the way to the hospital and was revived. I have a problem with my eyes seeing double so I wear a patch. They tell me my nerves were damaged and my eyes are "twisted" and I will have surgery in March of next year to hopefully correct them. I have a balance problem and then I have a problem with my taste. I am not paralyzed anywhere, I can walk "fairly" OK and I have gone through therapy to walk inside the house as well as outside. I do everything inside that I did before as far as cleaning is concerned except climb on a ladder (foot stool).

Comment from: Cecil, 75 or over Male (Patient) Published: October 15

On May 8, 2013 I fell at 4:00 am in my bathroom. I vomited, and with the force of expelling I fell, hitting my head. My wife made me go to the local hospital. They sent me to Richmond and in two hours I had a section of my scalp removed to relieve bleeding. On May 10 (the day before my 85th birthday they again removed the scalp and with 32 stitches sent me to ICU for 10 days. and 11 more in rehab. 5 months later. I walk with occasional help of a cane, and a walker at night at home. My speech is a bit slurred, and my walk slower but no headaches yet, and no seizures. My surgeon released me to yard work but no driving until Nov.

Comment from: Liv, 65-74 Female (Caregiver) Published: January 30

After a heart procedure where they had placed a stent and thinned blood, my mother's blood pressure increased rapidly and she began to feel very sharp headaches, nausea and numbness to the side she received the procedure.

Comment from: Edsel, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: October 31

About 5 months ago I had bleeding in the base of the brain. It took me 3 months to get back to normal physical activities, including driving. Most of the physical problems like balance, sensitivity to light and loud sounds, confusion and speech are resolved. Persistent symptoms after 5 months I have not recovered from are headaches, dizziness, short memory loss, mood swings and depression.

Comment from: Nebraska gal, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: May 01

My symptoms: I began with vomiting, like with food poisoning. My Head felt like it was about to explode; it cannot be called a headache. It was worse when I tried to lie down.

Brain Hemorrhage - Treatment Question: What was the treatment for brain hemorrhage in a friend of relative?
Brain Hemorrhage - Recovery Question: Did you, a friend, or relative recover from a brain hemorrhage? Please share your experience.
Brain Hemorrhage - Causes Question: What was the cause of your brain hemorrhage?