Patient Comments: Brain Hemorrhage - Symptoms

Please describe your friend or relative's symptoms associated with a brain hemorrhage.

Comment from: kesava, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: February 24

Around 4 weeks ago, I woke up in sleep with severe pain approximately 1 inch above my right ear, stiff chest up to sternum and also pointed pain in my right elbow. The pain lasted for 15 minutes. It was around 1:00 am. I took a pain killer but it was of no use. My wife, being a doctor, gave me morphine with some pacifier and by 3.00 am I was okay. The next night also the same story went on. Later I was rushed to Hyderabad to a neuro-surgeon and he advised an MRI of my brain. It was diagnosed as microhemorrhage. Since the incident I developed slurred speech and tingling right thumb. I am under treatment.

Comment from: meme, (Patient) Published: November 19

On December 22, 2013 I had a hemorrhage. I don't remember anything but falling. Two days later I knew I was in the hospital. I was in ICU for two days. The day before my stroke I had a headache, nothing helped. I couldn't drive for nine months. My nerves are really bad now. I am weaker on my left side. I used a walker for about nine months. I am no longer walking with a walker and getting better.

Comment from: justblair, 35-44 Female (Caregiver) Published: September 10

Bleeding from right ear, loss of speech, slurred, inability to form words, severe weakness and soreness in all muscles, face pain, and drooling were the symptoms of brain hemorrhage.

Comment from: 55-64 Male (Caregiver) Published: May 30

My brother had a stroke 5 years ago and he was put on blood thinners. He fell and hit his head this week which caused bleeding in the brain. They are waiting to see if it will dry up on its own. He says he can feel it bleeding especially when he lays down. He has a lot of speech problems and cannot concentrate to get the words out. I wonder if anybody else can you feel the bleeding in the brain besides the headaches.

Comment from: 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: April 17

Two years ago I had a brain hemorrhage. I was in the hospital for almost three months. It started with a very severe pain in the back of my head which moved up the center of my head. It was the worst pain ever. I started having weakness on my left side and it felt like my eyes were moving cross eyed. I had an angiogram done at the hospital and my bleeding had stopped so I didn"t need surgery. I had light sensitivity, felt very weak, and now I still have very bad headaches. I can't find anything to help my headaches now.

Comment from: kb, 75 or over Female (Caregiver) Published: June 17

My mom fell and hit her forehead four days ago. She went to the emergency room and they did a CAT scan and said it was all normal. She continues to have a headache and the lump on her forehead seems to be getting bigger. Her entire right side of her face is black and blue and swollen. I wonder if I should get her re-evaluated to check for brain hemorrhage.

Comment from: 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: August 14

I had a brain Injury over 1.5 years ago. I still experience problems with fatigue, frustration, depression, cognitive issues (trouble learning), and anxiety. It's a lonely road a lot of the time, as nobody has any idea what you are going through. I had been taking medication to help with a lot of the symptoms which I recently weaned off but it looks like I will need to start taking again, as my recovery is ongoing. All I hope for is to be able to manage my life again fully but patience is key and staying positive.

Brain Hemorrhage - Treatment Question: What was the treatment for brain hemorrhage in a friend of relative?
Brain Hemorrhage - Recovery Question: Did you, a friend, or relative recover from a brain hemorrhage? Please share your experience.
Brain Hemorrhage - Causes Question: What was the cause of your brain hemorrhage?