Patient Comments: Concussion - Cause

What was the cause of your concussion?

Comment from: k1w1b1, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: January 15

I have had four concussions, two from playing rugby in college, two from alcohol related happenings. My last concussion was six or seven years ago. Today when I got hurt in the head I feel the pain exactly where I hit my head the last time and one eye is relaxed, hard for me to open. I do now know it doesn't take much to rattle that brain again.

Comment from: thebbmurphy, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: December 09

A few days before Thanksgiving I had a seizure. I was in the living room and fell face down onto the terrazzo floor when the seizure ended I had a large bruise on my forehead the spot is still sore and now I am having headaches every day and now an annoying ringing in my ears. I already take Fiorinal and Fioricet for idiopathic Chorea and neither drug is effective for the headache. I also take naproxen, Percocet and ibuprofen with no relief. I have had concussions before, but not with the chronic headaches or the ringing in my ears. I did see my primary care doctor and my neurologist 2 days later. I know I need to go back but I am afraid to drive; my seizures occur years apart but the fear is there this time.

Comment from: pepper, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: October 15

I fell off a chair and hit my head on the corner of a wooden speaker. It left a 1.250" gash that required 4 staples to close it.

Comment from: Laura, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: January 12

I fell off a ladder about 12' high and yes had a concussion. Do not remember what I was climbing for and anything after for 3-4 days. This accident happened in 2004 and I have suffered with migraines for a while. For the past year or so, where I hit my head I am felling it pulsate. My doctors do not know. I would appreciate your input and I thank you.

Comment from: 7-12 Male (Caregiver) Published: October 19

My son had his first concussion at 5 years old when our family was hit by a drunk driver. He had headaches for months. After about a year of declining memory and continued headaches we discovered that he could no longer focus his eyes to read or do school work. The muscles in his brain that controlled his "vision", not sight, were weakened by his head injury. He went through what I considered a successful treatment. We were thrilled. He started reading and learning math all over again. He picked up the sport of hockey along the way. About 7 mo. ago he got another concussion playing in a game. It was horrible. They are saying now that because of his repeated head injuries his brain might not ever heal. He has short term memory issues. He is wiped out and wants to sleep 12hrs +. His hockey career is over today. He loves hockey but I love him more.

Comment from: Joanne, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: February 11

I slipped on floor and fell hard hitting the back of my head against the corner of the wall. It cut it badly and it bled quite a bit.

Comment from: cawlm, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: November 04

I fell on a tile floor 6 days ago, hitting my left forehead just above the outer edge of the eyebrow. I hit so hard my head bounced back after impact. I have a huge goose egg and deep bruising around the eye, above the eyebrow and on the temple. I have dizziness/balance issues anyway, along with chronic headache and neck pain. I don't know if I have concussion, but it does concern me that it felt like my brain was shaken.

Concussion - Symptoms Question: What were your concussion symptoms?
Concussion - Treatments Question: What were your treatments of concussion?