Patient Comments: Concussion - Cause

What was the cause of your concussion?

Comment from: May, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: March 15

I have had severe stomach and chest pain that wakes me up at night, even when I sleep propped up and have eaten very little during the day. These episodes last for hours, with nausea and sometimes vomiting, and though I down antacid pills with a liquid antacid, it takes a while for them to help so the pain goes from intolerable to being able to doze. The next day, it continues with pain when I walk, bend down, or eat. Triggers for me are coffee, wine, and Motrin, and wearing a bra that is too tight! I have avoided spicy and fatty foods for years. My stomach sounds like a chemistry set, with gurgles and dripping sounds, and I lam bloated and look about 4 months pregnant. I am hopeful that a PPI (proton pump inhibitor) prescribed by my physician will help. I avoid triggers, and keep walking or moving; it helps psychologically!

Comment from: chitownsuga, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: November 03

I had blood work done last Friday because I have been feeling awful lately. They said everything was normal so I am reading on what is normal. Numbers were, cholesterol 171, triglyceride 55, and LDL 82. I read that cholesterol under 200 is normal but as I am reading other sites, it is borderline.

Comment from: depressed, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: November 02

I have erectile dysfunction (ED) problem for the last one year. I do not get erection. The outside skin of the penis covers the tip portion, though there is erection. This gives a lot of pain and the feeling for sex dies out. No history of any problem. It just happened, no history.

Comment from: Jkyzar, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: August 13

I got concussion when I fell on a concrete slab. I took 6 stitches, but I cannot tell you how or why I fell. I felt no pain at all. Stitches are out now, but all around my head is numb, and if I try to lie on that side it is like a weight falls on that side and it hurts. If I move too fast I get light headed, no other symptoms other than that.

Comment from: myra jean, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: March 25

On February 28, I was awakened when I hit my end table by the bed. I hit the raised bar with my head and left shoulder. It knocked me out and when I came to, I wondered what happened. What was weird, the stuff on my end table was not disturbed. I went to my doctor 4 days later and he told me to get to the emergency room (ER) because my left eye was dilated and I could barely walk and was very pale. He put a work order for ER head trauma, left shoulder and right hip x-rays. They did not do the CAT scan. I finally got the CAT scan on March 23rd.

Comment from: shaboo2, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: March 03

I had concussion when I landed on the back of my neck after jumping to catch a football, and getting tackled low from behind. I had seizures, eyes rolling, was unconscious for 20 minutes, and woke up in ambulance.

Comment from: Charlie, 75 or over Male (Patient) Published: November 25

I suffered a fall on concrete 2 days ago, which was the cause of my concussion. A chair broke my fall somewhat. I did have swelling on the back of my head, no nausea, and no immediate headache. Later I had headache, and some dizziness, now I'm sleeping a lot. I am diabetic and have Parkinson's.

Concussion - Symptoms Question: What were your concussion symptoms?
Concussion - Treatments Question: What were your treatments of concussion?