Patient Comments: Concussion - Cause

What was the cause of your concussion?

Comment from: Jkyzar, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: August 13

I got concussion when I fell on a concrete slab. I took 6 stitches, but I cannot tell you how or why I fell. I felt no pain at all. Stitches are out now, but all around my head is numb, and if I try to lie on that side it is like a weight falls on that side and it hurts. If I move too fast I get light headed, no other symptoms other than that.

Comment from: myra jean, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: March 25

On February 28, I was awakened when I hit my end table by the bed. I hit the raised bar with my head and left shoulder. It knocked me out and when I came to, I wondered what happened. What was weird, the stuff on my end table was not disturbed. I went to my doctor 4 days later and he told me to get to the emergency room (ER) because my left eye was dilated and I could barely walk and was very pale. He put a work order for ER head trauma, left shoulder and right hip x-rays. They did not do the CAT scan. I finally got the CAT scan on March 23rd.

Comment from: shaboo2, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: March 03

I had concussion when I landed on the back of my neck after jumping to catch a football, and getting tackled low from behind. I had seizures, eyes rolling, was unconscious for 20 minutes, and woke up in ambulance.

Comment from: Charlie, 75 or over Male (Patient) Published: November 25

I suffered a fall on concrete 2 days ago, which was the cause of my concussion. A chair broke my fall somewhat. I did have swelling on the back of my head, no nausea, and no immediate headache. Later I had headache, and some dizziness, now I'm sleeping a lot. I am diabetic and have Parkinson's.

Comment from: Lora, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: October 30

In 1947 I was in an automobile accident (I'm 74 now), ending with a concussion on the right side of my head at the temple, and a lump of a scar on the forehead above the eye. All my life it seems I always made the wrong decisions, said all the wrong things, did the wrong things, etc. Fast-forward to about six months ago I began getting headaches, some bad, some not so bad. I thought they were just allergies. Now they are 3 to 4 times a day. There is a place in that scar I can touch and hit that nerve, and it's painful, after all these years. I had an MRI/MRA about two weeks ago; waiting for the neurologist to tell me what the problem is.

Comment from: k1w1b1, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: January 15

I have had four concussions, two from playing rugby in college, two from alcohol related happenings. My last concussion was six or seven years ago. Today when I got hurt in the head I feel the pain exactly where I hit my head the last time and one eye is relaxed, hard for me to open. I do now know it doesn't take much to rattle that brain again.

Comment from: thebbmurphy, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: December 09

A few days before Thanksgiving I had a seizure. I was in the living room and fell face down onto the terrazzo floor when the seizure ended I had a large bruise on my forehead the spot is still sore and now I am having headaches every day and now an annoying ringing in my ears. I already take Fiorinal and Fioricet for idiopathic Chorea and neither drug is effective for the headache. I also take naproxen, Percocet and ibuprofen with no relief. I have had concussions before, but not with the chronic headaches or the ringing in my ears. I did see my primary care doctor and my neurologist 2 days later. I know I need to go back but I am afraid to drive; my seizures occur years apart but the fear is there this time.

Concussion - Symptoms Question: What were your concussion symptoms?
Concussion - Treatments Question: What were your treatments of concussion?