Patient Comments: Concussion - Cause

What was the cause of your concussion?

Comment from: lgray, 13-18 Male Published: March 29

My son was hit quite hard during a play at lacrosse practice last night. He was fully padded and had a helmet on, however he has had a headache in the lower back side of his head since, which is not controlled with Motrin.

Comment from: 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: March 07

I had a concussion after my TV fell on my head. I have had headache for 5 days and feel disoriented at times. I am also incredibly drowsy. I have been advised to rest but I am not sure how long for.

Comment from: accdntprone, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: March 01

I've had a few. I was camping once and was walking past the public restrooms when someone beamed me in the head with the door they flung open. My latest one is from bending over to pet my cat in my bathroom and standing up too fast. I hit my head on the edge of my bathroom vanity counter.

Comment from: J, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: February 17

I slipped on the ice when it was raining and fell backwards. I hit my unprotected head (top - back) on the ice/ground.

Comment from: attakayak, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: January 31

I had a concussion when I was ice skating. My feet went out and I landed on my back with my head hitting the ice. I heard an awful cracking noise and I immediately felt sick. I took pain relievers and used ice packs for three days, but when the symptoms weren't getting better, I went to the ER. They did a CT scan and X-ray. All checked out to be fine, and they gave me Vicodin, Naproxen, and muscle relaxers. It's been one week as of today and I'm still feeling dizzy and the back of my head continues to ache. Just trying to take it easy.

Comment from: cat, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: January 25

I got hit on top of my head by a sliding door.

Comment from: mommajo, 65-74 Female Published: October 28

I have been awakened several times while in deep sleep with a severe headache on top of my head. It lasts around 2-3 hours. I take 2 Fioricet given to me for migraines but it does not stop the headache. The headache is severe and can hardly stand the pain.

Comment from: Help me plz, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: September 21

While I was younger, I had multiple concussions, in six months I had 4 concussions. One was severe. My vision was so bad all I could see was half of everything, only the bottom half. In grade school I had a total of 9 concussions (diagnosed by doctors). I was throwing up and in bed for a month. I am now 49 and having problems with memory. My head in the back feels numb, and I feel sea sick, and I cannot focus too long on one thing.

Concussion - Symptoms Question: What were your concussion symptoms?
Concussion - Treatments Question: What were your treatments of concussion?