Patient Comments: Concussion - Cause

What was the cause of your concussion?

Comment from: Duke, 13-18 Male (Patient) Published: June 09

My son has experienced three concussions over the last two years. He has had two playing football and now one waterskiing. He is very athletic.

Comment from: Still hurting, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: April 11

Ten days ago I tumbled backwards down the basement stairs and hit my head twice on cement. I had (2) CT Scans of my head and neck and also (2) X-Rays of my knee (as my knee was replaced) and also my shoulder. I am going to have a MRI of my shoulder as it is still hurting and the rotator might be torn.

Comment from: stupid, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: April 05

My dog pulled on the leash causing me to hit my head on the side of wooden gate above my right eye.

Comment from: ksa, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: April 05

I had a seizure and fell on my head. I had four staples. It happened again a month ago and i had seven staples put in my head. I feel out of it and tired all the time.

Comment from: day 2 day, 35-44 Female Published: March 16

I had a panic attack in the middle of the night and was sitting on the bathroom floor when I passed out. My head flung over and hit the wall. It is day two after the accident and I am still experiencing nausea, dizziness, slight memory problems and headache.

Comment from: Sharon38, 55-64 Female Published: July 26

I was hit by a small, flying rock to the middle of my forehead from a garden tractor. I held ice on it for 20 minutes, yet started feeling hot/cold and the headache seemed to increase in definition. Woke up feeling a somewhat upset stomach. I took Pepto-Bismol and an antacid. I went to work, came home, and slept for several hours. I woke up feeling better, ate supper, yet still experienced some headache to the right forehead, down my nose, and over to my right ear.

Comment from: susie, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: December 12

I fell down the basement stairs and put my head through a wall, both sides of the sheetrock. I blacked out for a bit, the next thing I knew my husband was asking me should he call the ambulance. I have a huge bruise over my left eye to my forehead, black eye, fat lip, scrapes above the right eye. I did this a week ago, still have a black eye and a pounding headache. My hair head also pounds from my left ear to the top of my head. I was VERY lucky though.

Comment from: Unknown, 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: November 23

I surfed the crowd at a concert under the influence of alcohol and was eventually dropped after 2 minutes of surfing the crowd on my head. I remember feeling nauseous and disoriented immediately afterwards. I had headache symptoms and slower motor skills for a few days after. Symptoms lasted for about a month to a month and a half, progressively getting better.

Comment from: marap, 19-24 Male (Patient) Published: October 19

I normally drive myself from home to soccer game or practice and back, and one day I played for 45 minutes and the second 45minutes I couldn't remember anything. I just heard my coach saying he's driving me back home since i fainted. I was having severe headaches and the following day I went to hospital and was seen by a neurosurgeon and he diagnosed me with brain concussion and I want to back to play soccer but I don't know when I can go start playing again.

Concussion - Symptoms Question: What were your concussion symptoms?
Concussion - Treatments Question: What were your treatments of concussion?