Patient Comments: Concussion - Cause

What was the cause of your concussion?

Comment from: dazzzed, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: October 14

I had a car accident. I hit my head against the frame of the vehicle.

Comment from: ickickick, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: October 13

I was closing the hatch of my Jeep and the corner of the hatch cut my head. Blood was gushing out. Went to the ER and had four staples put in. I wasn't nauseated the day after, but definitely the second day!

Comment from: blee845, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: September 27

I fell at home and my head slammed against a door frame. A huge knot swelled above my right temple. I went to the ER the next day and was diagnosed with a mild concussion same as one last year in same area. It has been over 3 weeks and head still hurts when I get up on my feet. Also, I feel very weak. I went back to the doctor and he gave me ibuprofen but I can't imagine why I am so weak after 3+ weeks. I'm 74 years old but young for my age.

Comment from: Oliver, 13-18 Male (Caregiver) Published: September 14

I got a concussion from colliding with another player's head while playing soccer.

Comment from: TT, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: August 26

I received a concussion from passing out as an abnormal reaction to the hepatitis B vaccination and MMR vaccination. I felt ill, went to the bathroom, and next thing I knew I was on the floor. I had no idea where I was or what was happening. After figuring out I was at work, I asked to go home. It was after I left I realized I had hit my head and injured my arm severely. Now two days after, I have a migraine and feel dizzy and sick anytime I am active or in the sun.

Comment from: Duke, 13-18 Male (Patient) Published: June 09

My son has experienced three concussions over the last two years. He has had two playing football and now one waterskiing. He is very athletic.

Comment from: Still hurting, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: April 11

Ten days ago I tumbled backwards down the basement stairs and hit my head twice on cement. I had (2) CT Scans of my head and neck and also (2) X-Rays of my knee (as my knee was replaced) and also my shoulder. I am going to have a MRI of my shoulder as it is still hurting and the rotator might be torn.

Comment from: stupid, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: April 05

My dog pulled on the leash causing me to hit my head on the side of wooden gate above my right eye.

Comment from: ksa, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: April 05

I had a seizure and fell on my head. I had four staples. It happened again a month ago and i had seven staples put in my head. I feel out of it and tired all the time.

Comment from: day 2 day, 35-44 Female Published: March 16

I had a panic attack in the middle of the night and was sitting on the bathroom floor when I passed out. My head flung over and hit the wall. It is day two after the accident and I am still experiencing nausea, dizziness, slight memory problems and headache.

Concussion - Symptoms Question: What were your concussion symptoms?
Concussion - Treatments Question: What were your treatments of concussion?