Patient Comments: Concussion - Symptoms

What were your concussion symptoms?

Comment from: Db, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: January 14

My concussion symptoms are extreme vertigo, my eyes going back and forth and seeing triple vision. I was taken to the hospital, and an MRI and CT scan was done. I was discharged to physical therapy, where they maneuvered my head, causing my eyes to go back and forth. It has been 6 weeks with vertigo, and I cannot drive, or think.

Comment from: BarbaraD, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: September 18

It has been roughly a week since my concussion. At first, I had a terrible headache that wouldn't go away with sleep or Aleve like my normal headaches would. I was also ever-so-slightly dizzy/funky feeling. But, it wasn't until I Googled headache causes that I made the connection between my symptoms and the sleepwalking incident I'd had a few days prior (rammed into the door frame, forehead first). Things have improved, but periodically I'm still experiencing mild headaches and barely noticeable dizziness (usually worse in the evenings).

Comment from: Rosie, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: March 19

My concussion symptoms include severe neck pain, severe and repeated vomiting, sensitivity to light and noise. At first all my food tasted metallic or there was no taste at all. This symptom is still there and it has been 2 months since my accident. My vision is much worse since the accident and my thinking is unclear most times. I have to really think and concentrate before answering questions. I have severe headaches and dizziness. Some days I feel I cannot care for myself and activities such as cooking and bathing are difficult.

Published: January 02

I fell last night and hit my head. Today I have a bad headache and there is a bump on the upper left side of my head.

Comment from: linda, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: January 02

I walked into a glass door and hit my front forehead hard. I have nausea, headache, neck ache and feel tired and sluggish.

Concussion - Cause Question: What was the cause of your concussion?
Concussion - Treatments Question: What were your treatments of concussion?