Patient Comments: Brain Cancer - Symptoms

What symptoms and signs did you experience with your brain cancer?

Comment from: msarni0303, 75 or over Female (Patient) Published: March 15

My daughter is 20 months and I just discovered she has RSV (respiratory syncytial virus infection). About a week ago I took her to see the doctor for her cough she'd had for almost 2 weeks at that time. He treated her with antibiotics because it had already been that long and her throat showed some redness. Around the 7th day of her 10 day dosing she started to feel worse and now she's throwing up. So I took her back to the doctor and they swabbed her nostril and sure enough she was positive for RSV. The biggest symptom my daughter shows is coughing nonstop while she is sleeping. Sometimes she even gags and ends up throwing up. Her boogers are bright green and she gets this rash on her cheeks and nose. No fever though. I use a humidifier during the day but in the night I use a vaporizer which seems to help her sleep better. I suction her mucus from her nose as well. Hopefully this goes away soon. It is so hard to see your little one not feeling well.

Comment from: Mary, 45-54 Female (Caregiver) Published: November 03

My best friend who is 53 was diagnosed with lung cancer 5 months ago. She went through chemotherapy and radiation. She was waiting to get his lung removed when they found that the cancer had spread to her brain. She has numbness on left side of face, nausea, vomiting and needs a walker due to her inability to keep her balance. It is tearing me up to see this once energetic lady reduced to sitting on the couch not being able to do anything. They have started radiation on her whole brain but she is extremely depressed at the fact she will be like this the rest of her life. As she says it her quality of life is bad, she can't do anything and is a prisoner in her own home because she doesn't want anyone to see her like she is now.

Comment from: Gdawg, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: September 03

I started having increased wobbly balance and that progressed to convulsions and then actually falling. Finally I went to hospital. I had CT scan, MRI, ultrasound, EEG, x-rays, and blood work, and admitted in the ICU. They found mass on back of my head. Malignant.

Comment from: lowell ma, 75 or over Female (Caregiver) Published: April 01

I thought my mom was having a stroke, so I brought her to the emergency room and after test, we learned she has stage 4 brain cancer metastasized from lung. We were not pursuing any treatment other than hospice at home. It is difficult because she has no physical signs really now. She is at peace with her decision and I and my brothers will be there every step of the way.

Comment from: poilini, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: November 17

I have CLL (chronic lymphocytic leukemia) and I had a lot of swollen lymph glands on my neck for the last 9 years. Now they have suddenly disappeared. I wonder if it is because I have stopped dyeing my hair!

Comment from: Paula, 65-74 Female (Caregiver) Published: January 05

My brother had multiple metastatic brain tumors, he had WBRT (whole brain radiation therapy) 9 months ago and died on 23 December 2014. His death was horrendous and we wish he had never had the horrible treatment.

Brain Cancer - Experience Question: Please describe your experience with brain cancer.
Brain Cancer - Prognosis Question: What is your brain cancer prognosis?
Brain Cancer - Treatment Question: What treatment(s) have you undergone for brain cancer?