Patient Comments: Brain Aneurysm - Symptoms and Signs

What symptoms and signs did you experience with your brain aneurysm?

Comment from: 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: December 03

I had a giant aneurysm that was 6 cm in size. I had no pain to speak of except for the occasional headache. I never had migraines or severe headache. I had a CT scan of my sinus for an unrelated sinus infection. That is how they found the Aneurysm. It was that big! It took 5 months to schedule the operation it was not an emergency. The operation took 18 hours. It was done at Jefferson university hospital. I was in for one week and in bed for one more week after.

Comment from: Cherylmoore, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: May 24

I had the worst headache of my life; in fact, I rarely every had a headache previous to the one where they discovered the aneurysm. I also suffered from vomiting and diarrhea (I don't know if diarrhea is a normal symptom).

Comment from: jespino, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: May 03

My brother died at the age of 50 due to an aneurysm. He didn't know he had one, and suffered with a severe headache all day. I always get stress headaches, but after his death I requested an MRI and they found two aneurysms. After an angiogram there is now a total of four small ones. I will be checked each year to see if they grow or if I get more. I don't know if I was better off not knowing, because it really stresses me out more.

Comment from: storknest, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: April 19

I suffered a brain aneurysm in 1994 when I was 36 years old. I was changing a flat tire in the parking lot at work and when I stood up to get the lug nut wrench my vision turned pink. I sat down and waited, and when I stood up again I could not move my head without getting a buzzing sound in my ears. I could not look up or down. I went back into the building and was taken to the hospital where the CAT scan did not show anything. The emergency room doctor then decided to do a spinal tap and pulled four vials of blood out. I had surgery the next morning where the doctor clipped the aneurysm. I previously had not had severe headaches or high blood pressure. Long-term symptoms have been weaker on my right side and trouble lifting over 40 pounds.

Comment from: loka, 19-24 Female (Caregiver) Published: February 22

My sister died from a brain aneurysm she was only 22 years old she had always had bad headache pain didn't think of anything at that time but on the day of Nov. 28, 2011 she had suffer from a brain aneurysm the doctors couldn't do anything for her because they said it was too late. So please if you have bad headaches please have it check out ASAP it could save your life.

Comment from: SHAMIA, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: July 13

I had the worst headache ever in my case. I experienced the vomiting, nausea, and my left eye was shut closed because the aneurysm dropped down to my nerve that controlled the eye led from closing and shutting.

Comment from: Pedro050, 19-24 Male (Patient) Published: July 05

My father died of aneurysm when I was two. He died at the young age of 22. Unfortunately he had severe migraines during the remaining month of his life. One day he passed out and was immediately sent to the hospital. The doctors diagnosed him as to having an aneurysm and unfortunately he was unable to be treated in that particular hospital. Take in to consideration this all occurred in Peru during the 80's in a third world country. Before he was transported for operation he died the day of his scheduled operation. Well hopefully this isn't something that is hereditary.

Comment from: francie, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: June 14

I suffered a brain aneurysm June 15, 2003. I had a severe headache on the left side of my head, and a pain shot up the base of my neck. My youngest was 10, my daughter was 12 and my oldest son was 14. It will be 8 years ago on June 15, 2011. I went to Walter Reed on June 8 only to find out I have another one. I do not know what to do other than PRAY!

Brain Aneurysm - Describe Your Experience Question: Please describe your experience with brain aneurysm.
Brain Aneurysm - Treatment Question: What was the treatment for a brain aneurysm in you, a friend, or relative?