Patient Comments: Brain Aneurysm - Symptoms and Signs

What symptoms and signs did you experience with your brain aneurysm?

Comment from: loka, 19-24 Female (Caregiver) Published: February 22

My sister died from a brain aneurysm she was only 22 years old she had always had bad headache pain didn't think of anything at that time but on the day of Nov. 28, 2011 she had suffer from a brain aneurysm the doctors couldn't do anything for her because they said it was too late. So please if you have bad headaches please have it check out ASAP it could save your life.

Comment from: SHAMIA, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: July 13

I had the worst headache ever in my case. I experienced the vomiting, nausea, and my left eye was shut closed because the aneurysm dropped down to my nerve that controlled the eye led from closing and shutting.

Comment from: Pedro050, 19-24 Male (Patient) Published: July 05

My father died of aneurysm when I was two. He died at the young age of 22. Unfortunately he had severe migraines during the remaining month of his life. One day he passed out and was immediately sent to the hospital. The doctors diagnosed him as to having an aneurysm and unfortunately he was unable to be treated in that particular hospital. Take in to consideration this all occurred in Peru during the 80's in a third world country. Before he was transported for operation he died the day of his scheduled operation. Well hopefully this isn't something that is hereditary.

Comment from: Debbie, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: June 14

Back in February, I was watching TV and lost the vision in my right eye. It was gone for about 10 minutes and then gradually came back. My regular doctor sent me to an opthamologist who diagnosed me with migraines. At age 61, I thought I was kind of old to develop those so I kept insisting they do testing and when they did an MRA, it indicated I had a 4mm aneurysm near my right eye. They did a CTA and they said it was 2.2mm. I am set to go see a neurosurgeon in July, but my neurologist doesn't seem to think they will do anything right now. I have been experiencing a lot of neck pain and some pain behind my eye since then. The pain behind my eye is like a pressure pain.

Comment from: francie, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: June 14

I suffered a brain aneurysm June 15, 2003. I had a severe headache on the left side of my head, and a pain shot up the base of my neck. My youngest was 10, my daughter was 12 and my oldest son was 14. It will be 8 years ago on June 15, 2011. I went to Walter Reed on June 8 only to find out I have another one. I do not know what to do other than PRAY!

Comment from: hanging on, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: May 18

I had an aneurism on my right side of brain 8 cm. I was scheduled for surgery within 1 month but my husband had a heart attack and I put it off for another month. I was supposed to get 1 coil put in but since I waited so long it grew and I had 3 large coils placed. Spent 2 days in ICU and sent home. My symptoms were dizziness and was told I had fluid in my ears for a year! I went to ER and was told vertigo, finally ENTdoctor did a brain scan and found the aneurism. God bless him for doing further testing. I did have a lot of pressure in my head but since coils were placed now all I have is brain freeze a lot without the pleasure of eating ice cream. It's been 6 days since my surgery and getting better each day. Hope to see my 52nd birthday.

Comment from: Karen, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: May 12

I went to the hospital with extreme Vertigo, was given medicine and sent home. I went again the next day and a CT scan was ordered, showing I have an anuerysm...However it has nothing to do with my other symptons, including a nystagmus, which is my eyeball shaking. I go see a neurosurgeon to see how to proceed. It is not bursting or bleeding. Doctors said I was just lucky that I came back to ER and a CT was ordered.

Comment from: 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: March 23

I am 50 years old. Out of the blue I developed a light sensitivity that would not allow me to open my eyes. When I attempted to they would water and pull shut. I had no other symptoms. I went to the ER and luckily three cerebral brain aneurysms were detected. I underwent an 8 hour clipping surgery. The following day I underwent another surgery due to massive hemorrhaging. They were able to repair two aneurysms. The third is very small and will be monitored. I am currently recovering at home and am planning to return on work starting with 1/2 days on Monday.

Brain Aneurysm - Describe Your Experience Question: Please describe your experience with brain aneurysm.
Brain Aneurysm - Treatment Question: What was the treatment for a brain aneurysm in you, a friend, or relative?