Patient Comments: Brain Aneurysm - Symptoms and Signs

What symptoms and signs did you experience with your brain aneurysm?

Comment from: oldbessie, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: January 10

Ok. Here goes. After having a CT scan, the doctor phoned me and said I probably had an aneurysm. At the time of writing, I go for another scan on the 18th, then will see a specialist. Now, I had been to see a doctor on several occasions before this, because of certain symptoms I have, and was ignored until my last visit, when finally the scan was ordered. I am pretty certain that I had suffered a mini stroke some time ago (when I was sent for physiotherapy, she noticed muscle wastage in my leg, and did ask if I'd had a stroke). Anyway, I sit here worrying, but find some of the posts quite helpful.

Comment from: rockport, 35-44 Female (Caregiver) Published: January 05

My dad has brain aneurysms and has been treated for them. There are still 2 that are small and the doctors are keeping an eye on them. This happened 7 years ago. My dad is having pains on his left side of his head and body. He has had CAT scan and blood work done and it shows nothing.

Comment from: ks1022, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: November 22

I haven't been to the doctor in a while for blood work, with relocating. But when I did, my AST was 63 H and ALT 86 H. I have rheumatoid arthritis and I do take a lot of drugs, for it. As high as they are I'm wondering why no one has called me about it.

Comment from: Betty Boop, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: September 21

I am a 63 year old female, I got shingles in July of this year and I am still fighting it. It started on my scalp as a burning pain, then on my forehead; blisters started on my scalp down onto my forehead. The pain was unbearable and there is swelling between my skin and the skull cap. It has not gone away yet, I have been on two antibiotics and almost lost the vision in my right eye. An eye specialist put me on Lotemax gel eye drops and it shaved my vision. However the swelling and some pain remain on my head. Still on Lotemax and gabapentin for the eye and nerve damage. I still having fevers from time to time as well.

Comment from: Diane, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: May 27

I had been having vertigo/dizzy spells only while in bed when I turned over, along with a slight headache for about 2 weeks. I went to see my doctor and she ordered an MRI. They discovered a 6 mm aneurysm with a 2.5 mm neck. The next 2 weeks waiting for surgery was very scary. I had my coiling and stent put in last Thursday, came home from the hospital Friday evening and cannot believe how easy surgery and recovery has been. No pain other than the bruising from IVs. So much easier than living with the fear that it can rupture at any time! I previously had pain behind my left eye and my eye doctor insisted it was dry eye syndrome. I may have had dry eyes but I am sure the pain was from the aneurysm.

Comment from: survivor, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: August 26

There were absolutely no signs or symptoms whatsoever of my brain aneurysm. I was sitting watching TV. I reached to the side for my coffee, prepared for a sip, and there was no cup in front of me. I looked to the side and there was my hand. I tried to move it, and it wouldn't. I tried getting up, but couldn't. So I called out to my daughter, and told her my hand and foot were not listening to me. She called the ambulance and they came. But signs and symptoms? None. The entire episode was painless. I still have no pains. One advantage though, I now sleep like a baby. And I wake up on time too. With no alarm clock!

Brain Aneurysm - Describe Your Experience Question: Please describe your experience with brain aneurysm.
Brain Aneurysm - Treatment Question: What was the treatment for a brain aneurysm in you, a friend, or relative?