Patient Comments: Brain Aneurysm - Describe Your Experience

Please describe your experience with brain aneurysm.

Comment from: Isobel, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: November 04

I had a dissection of left internal carotid artery when I was 31. I had intense headache for some days, with unequal pupils. It resulted in Horner's syndrome, and now I seem to have some neuralgia, making me rub the left side of my scalp, and I get a sudden pain in the left side of my neck. My pupils continue to react to light at different speed.

Comment from: Diana, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: September 10

I had bad headaches and I have a stent on my right side behind my right eye. I had it done two years ago. It saved me I have another brain aneurysm on my left. I check it from time to time it's a number 3 or 4 now. I hope I don't have to go through with 3 angiograms like before. They found the first one on time it was a size 10, but I am here now and wanted to share my story. It was hard and still is.

Comment from: Louise, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: August 19

I had a brain aneurysm and my surgeon decided, because of the location and the shape, with the coiling. My procedure was on July 9th and I have yet heard back from my surgeon for a follow-up or a scan. I have headaches every day and sometime very severe.

Comment from: Jean, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: June 23

In January 2013 I had endovascular coiling to repair an 11 mm basilar tip aneurysm. Immediately after I began suffering from fatigue. Some days it was all I could do to get up. I also found that the things I used to love to do held absolutely no interest for me. It's now a year and a half later and not much has changed. I still have no interest in the hobbies I used to love. The fatigue is still a major problem, yesterday I saw a new doctor who believes the coiled aneurysm may be pressing on the area of my brain dealing with fatigue and serotonin production. He prescribed a new medicine to see if it helps.

Comment from: sophie, 45-54 Female (Caregiver) Published: December 16

My mum suffered with a brain aneurysm in 2011, she had the worst headache ever. It was a good thing I was with her. I called an ambulance and she had the aneurysm coiled. She was in hospital for a couple of weeks and recovered well. Now 3 months back we found out that the operation had failed and now she is on the waiting list for it to be clipped. I am so worried as I am only 23 and really don't want to lose my mum.

Comment from: Jean, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: November 26

I was diagnosed with a brain aneurysm back in May of 2013. I continued to have fainting spells. I was taken the hospital where surgery to clip it was performed. I was then sent to rehab because I suffered from memory loss. I am still experiencing symptoms so I have been scheduled for another CT scan on December 16th.

Comment from: Seras, 45-54 Female (Caregiver) Published: November 01

My mother died at age 51 of an undiagnosed aneurysm the day after Christmas. She had been an airline stewardess for years and had a heart murmur from scarlet fever. Her symptoms were very strange. For at least 6 months she had a low grade fever almost every day, also a severe cough plus dizzy spells and confusion. The doctors at our clinic thought it was tuberculosis and then they said maybe it was just in her mind.

Comment from: djcorrigan, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: October 15

I had an aneurysm in 1998. The doctor explained while he operating it in the brain it burst 4 times and when another one started to form he packed in cotton and closed me up thinking since it was deep in the middle of the brain I would not wake up and will be in bad shape. I came out in great shape and have been doing well for the past 15 years. I have got my left eye working with lots of willpower.

Brain Aneurysm - Symptoms and Signs Question: What symptoms and signs did you experience with your brain aneurysm?
Brain Aneurysm - Treatment Question: What was the treatment for a brain aneurysm in you, a friend, or relative?