Patient Comments: Brain Aneurysm - Describe Your Experience

Please describe your experience with brain aneurysm.

Comment from: 45-54 Female Published: December 01

I have a friend that has just suffered her second aneurysm in l0 years. This one did not burst, as she recognized the symptoms. She is currently still hospitalized. After the initial operation for the brain aneurysm, she had a clot in her leg, which required another operation to put a screen in to prevent clots to her lungs, etc. She has low blood pressure, and still two weeks later, requires ICU care.

Comment from: 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: October 24

Three years ago I was told I have a brain aneurysm which I assume I inherited it because several of my family members have died from the same cause. I am 46 now and try to not let it control my world. I have yearly check ups and recently went to a second doctor to confirm my aneurysm in which he stated I don't have one. I just don't know what to believe now. I still have headaches.

Comment from: Hear patient, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: August 26

I'm not sure if I have the symptoms of brain aneurysm, but the pain was concentrated on one spot of my head towards center to the left and back and to the side not the front when you have a headache. It was like a toothache and lasted for some hours and through the night. I had several of those over a period of weeks. I have had a triple bypass heart surgery five years ago and I am on medication.

Published: January 22

In my mother died of brain aneurysms I was 14. She had suffered for many years before. She also had operations to pin the aneurysms but unfortunately doctors didn't discover another till it was too late she passed away shortly after. All I can say is I couldn't wish this terrible illness on anybody.

Comment from: julie, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: January 22

I had 2 brain aneurysms in November one that ruptured. They coiled it and put stints in the other. I was in the hospital for 3 weeks and home for 6 more. It was a very scary time and it has left me paranoid about every ache and pain I have. I had migraines before for 20 some years, and the doctors tell me it's is not related but can't say that I agree with them. Has anyone ever experienced dizzy or being lightheaded after their aneurysm? I had 2 spells this morning and get these every once in awhile, they also tell me it has nothing to do my head. Any comments are appreciated.

Comment from: jheer, 45-54 Female (Caregiver) Published: January 22

My mother passed away about 1 month 1/2 ago, she was only 45 years old. She passed away suddenly of a brain aneurysm, we had no clue that she had one, until she was at work and fell to the ground, the ambulance rushed her to the emergency room and managed to get her heart going again but they had to put her on a breathing machine, the did a CT scan and found that she had an aneurysm. She was so young! She was a loving wife of 28 years, a mother of 3 and a grandmother to a 2 year old baby boy!

Comment from: bobbi, 45-54 Female (Caregiver) Published: January 22

At midnight December 6, my 85 year old mother collapsed in the bathroom. It took two people to get her up, and then she needed us to carry her to bed. She started to vomit. She said her head hurt. She knew who we were. By the time she got to the hospital, her speech was garbled. An hour later, she could not lift her arm. By 10:30, she was dead. She had had some dementia for years, which the doctor thought were from TIAs. I now wonder if her aneurism was affecting her thought processes.

Comment from: paulmo305, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: January 22

I experienced a brain aneurysm 5 months ago. Looking back at it, one of the key symptoms I experienced was pain in my facial area around my left cheek bone. I did not recognize this as a symptom. I had been suffering from headaches on and off for several months before my rupture, but once again this was nothing out of ordinary for me. I was a smoker, I have suffered with high blood pressure my whole life. I was not regularly taking my blood pressure medicine. I am now almost ready to return to work, but my body is not the same 45 year old invincible self it was in July. Pay attention to your body don't smoke and take your medicine. I am blessed to be here, next time I may not be so lucky.

Brain Aneurysm - Symptoms and Signs Question: What symptoms and signs did you experience with your brain aneurysm?
Brain Aneurysm - Treatment Question: What was the treatment for a brain aneurysm in you, a friend, or relative?