What other names is Bovine Cartilage known by?
Antitumor Angiogenesis Factor (anti-TAF), Bovine Tracheal Cartilage (BTC), Cartilage Trachéal de Bovins, Cartílago Bovino, Catrix, Catrix-S, Collagen Bovine, Collagène Bovin, Glycosaminoglycan Polysulphuric Acid Complex, Processed Bovine Cartilage, Psoriacin, Psoriacin-T, Rumalon.
What is Bovine Cartilage?
Bovine cartilage comes from cows (bovine). Cartilage is a substance in the body that provides structure support. People sometimes use cow (bovine) cartilage as medicine.
Possibly Effective for...
- Treating poison oak and poison ivy.
- Treating acne.
- Treating skin conditions such as psoriasis.
- Treating hemorrhoids, rectal tears, and anal itching.
- Treating osteoarthritis when given under the skin.
- Treating rheumatoid arthritis.
- Treating "dry socket" after tooth extraction.
Possibly Ineffective for...
- Treating osteoarthritis when given in the muscle.
Insufficient Evidence to Rate Effectiveness for...
Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database rates effectiveness based on scientific evidence according to the following scale: Effective, Likely Effective, Possibly Effective, Possibly Ineffective, Likely Ineffective, and Insufficient Evidence to Rate (detailed description of each of the ratings).