Patient Comments: Borderline Personality Disorder - Symptoms

What symptoms did you experience with borderline personality disorder?

Comment from: Ronny, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: October 13

I was stung walking out of the shallows (less than knee deep) at San Onofre State beach. It felt like something loosely grabbed my foot then I got nailed in the ankle. Felt like someone just jabbed me superfast with a hypodermic. I knew it was a stingray immediately even though I had never been stung even by a jellyfish. Soon as I got out of the water I saw blood oozing from a single puncture wound. I instinctively reached down and squished it, and oozed more blood out. It felt like a bee sting, then like a wasp sting. Didn't get much worse than that. I called 911 just in case I had a reaction. I'd never had a problem with stings but I read where marine venoms were more evolved than their land counterparts. Although the pain subsided after about an hour, two weeks later it's still slightly swollen and itchy. There is some super light oozing. The paramedics were surprised I wasn't in more pain. Personally I feel I may have squished out a portion of the venom. So that's a hint for future reference. Hope I never get stung again but maybe I'll take a venom sucker out thingy with me in the future.

Comment from: GARRETT77, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: June 24

I am weak with explosive diarrhea due to ulcerative colitis, which has caused hypokalemia. My tongue has been tingling and I have a horrible metallic taste in my mouth. My muscles in my legs have also been twitching.

Comment from: Confused, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: September 15

I experience mood swings throughout the day, I can be very sensitive or very angry at times. I get panic attacks all the time. My job requires public speaking and I freak out in my mind and try to be cool about it but I start to get blurred vision, I feel like I'm never doing a good job. I look in the mirror and I don't like what I see while others see a beautiful woman. I always have to pretend that I'm confident because I don't want to show a sign of weakness. I just hate being me I wish I was normal like other people. I take medication for my borderline personality disorder and it takes some of the edge off but I'm still not normal. I'm embarrassed to say that I have a mental illness. People will just think I'm crazy, I've had childhood trauma and I'm finally feeling like I can be an advocate and talk about my issues I have too many feelings and mood swings and am afraid of relationships, etc.

Comment from: lost to bpd, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: January 23

I learned a year ago I have BPD (borderline personality disorder). It's hard to live with. I have been working with a doctor and counselor since then but it's hard to maintain a relationship with them. I drink and know I shouldn't. I feel alone at times and as though my husband doesn't understand me. My life is an emotional roller coaster I feel as though I have no control. I lose my temper often. I feel like there is no hope for me, my mental illness is taking control of me. I ask myself each day what it may bring. I have thoughts of suicide often that my family would be better off without me. One thing stops me, my son who is 17.

Comment from: Jay, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: December 29

I am not so sure but some of these cysts that have been described sound more like boils. I have had both; neither is pleasant. The more I research and learn, the more I realize that Bartholin cyst may be related to a thyroid or an adrenal hormone imbalance problem coupled with (at least in my case) dryness due to menopause. I am looking for a specific herbal remedy to terminate blood flow to these disgusting things. In other words, turn them off from the inside out! I have heard that black walnut hulls hold this potential.

Borderline Personality Disorder - Experience Question: Do you or a relative have borderline personality disorder? Please share your experience.
Borderline Personality Disorder - Treatment Question: What types of treatment, including medication, have you received for borderline personality disorder?