Patient Comments: Bone Spurs - Treatments

Where were your bone spurs located and what was the treatment?

Comment from: Diamond, 55-64 Female (Caregiver) Published: September 26

I now have pain in both heels. I was diagnosed with a plantar fasciitis, (heel bone spur) in my left foot. Treatment consists of rolling foot over a frozen water bottle, stretching and relaxing foot muscles, and toe raise/heel drop. Sometimes rubbing it helps relieves pain, and other times taking ibuprofen.

Comment from: Red Robin, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: September 22

My toe next to the big toe has a bone spur. The doctor wanted to operate on my toe. I would have to be taken to work for 3 weeks. I work in another city and I don't have anyone to drive me to and back home. So I have been using corn cushions and healing Band-Aids to relieve the pain. At work the floor is tile and I do a lot of walking. My feet and ankles are swollen. I'm going to try an over the counter diuretic to see if it will take the swelling down. I work 10 1/2 hour days, 4 days a week. If this doesn't work I will go back to the podiatrist.

Comment from: Crazy, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: May 24

I am 6 weeks post operation for two bone spurs one on top, and one on lateral gutter, and removal of large floating debris. I was non-weight bearing for two weeks, I can walk 100 yards pain free and then gradual agony to the point of tears. My physiotherapist says this distance will increase until one day I will notice I am walking a lot further. Also he said total healing time is 12 months, so I have my fingers crossed.

Comment from: TIGGER, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: February 24

I have got a neck filled with arthritis, as well as bony spurs. My insurance isn't good. I had several facet neck injections over a year or so but when you have to live life without help that didn't do a lot. I have Enbrel 2 times a week, Celebrex 2 times a day, and other medications.

Comment from: Mrst479, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: April 28

I just had three bone spurs removed from my left foot. One was on top of my foot where the instep is, another was along the inside of the foot where the medial column is and the third is up above my heel. All three were cut off. I am post operation, four days today, 4-26-2015. I was told to be non-weight bearing for three weeks. I have a post-operative follow up tomorrow to replace the first cast with a fiberglass one. I will try to update y'all to let you know if it worked and was worth it. I would try anything to be rid of this pain and the boot/cast I had to wear for the last two years.

Comment from: dentachk, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: June 22

I had heel pain for years, in both feet because of bone spurs. I went to our local chiropractor and he used a method on me called advanced muscle integration technique or AMIT. Three months after I am 100 percent pain free. Worth a try.

Comment from: hospicedeb, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: April 11

My bone spur is on top of my foot.

Comment from: Keon E, 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: January 07

I have bone spurs in my hip. I was playing basketball and stepped on someone's foot who was moving in an opposite direction. Now it hurts when I try to run or even meditate. The doctor will be referring me to a hip specialist. I'm too young for hip surgery, in my opinion. I hope therapy can help. Medicine sure has not so far.

Bone Spurs - Cause Question: What was the cause of your bone spurs?
Bone Spurs - Experience Question: Please describe your experience with bone spurs.
Bone Spurs - Symptoms Question: What were the symptoms of your bone spurs?