Patient Comments: Bone Spurs - Treatments

Where were your bone spurs located and what was the treatment?

Comment from: Dev, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: April 25

I have a bone spur at my elbow. I had reactive arthritis 14 years ago. It is painful. I cannot bend my hands. I can't touch my face with the affected hand. I have sharp pain during night time and numbness at my fingers.

Comment from: kassidyjones66, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: March 29

Under doctor's orders, I've been immobilized for about 10 weeks. First, I was in a fracture boot, then a real cast, and now I'm back in the boot. My mother-in-law suggested I might have bone spurs because it seems like my doctor doesn't know what's wrong with me. The bottom of my foot toward the back and right under the ankle is where I'm experiencing the most pain.

Comment from: Merri, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: November 08

I have pain on the top of my right foot where my big toe meets the foot at the joint. I have had it for perhaps 15 years. The doctor said it was a bone spur after taking an X-ray. It mostly hurts especially when I wear any shoe with a heel, or too tight. Flats and Fitflops are best for me, but even so, sometimes it's a little achy at night, but never bad enough to take Ibuprofen. I used to wear high heels a lot. I think that's what this is from. I guess I'm willing to live with it. I just have to put vanity aside and not wear heels too much.

Comment from: karen, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: June 18

I was told several years ago I had plantar fasciitis. I was told to do stretching exercises to relieve the pain. This did work. Now I'm in total agony and have just been told I have a calcaneam spur. The pain is on top of my ankle. I've been given anti-inflammatories, but they don't seem to be working. It's excruciatingly painful to walk.

Comment from: pollywogge, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: May 03

My bone spur is on the top of my foot and causes a great deal of pain. I have had it injected with Kenalog three times already and two rounds of Prednisone for the inflammation. I need avoid surgery if possible becasue of very poor circulation due to chronic phlebitis but at this point it is controlling my life because the pain is very bad.

Comment from: jess, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: May 03

I have a bone spur and arthritis and bunions the only thing that works for me is ice, ice, ice. The drugs they gave me make me fat. So I threw the pills away and just use ice.

Comment from: ouch it hurts, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: April 27

I have a bone spur in my right shoulder which I am waiting to have surgery for. I have psoriatic arthritis.

Comment from: cecile, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: April 20

My bone spur was located in the right shoulder. Did not show up in x-rays. One bone spur showed up in MRI. The other was found during surgery. The bone spurs was removed and then had a couple months of physical therapy at the physical therapy building and at home.

Comment from: shirleybeth, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: April 19

I have a large bone spur at the base of my large toe. The pain radiates up my foot and I am scheduled for surgery next week. The consensus between three doctors is to fuse my large toe. Just taking down the spur will not guarantee that the spur will not occur within a matter of months and thereby require another surgery. The recovery is extensive.

Bone Spurs - Cause Question: What was the cause of your bone spurs?
Bone Spurs - Experience Question: Please describe your experience with bone spurs.
Bone Spurs - Symptoms Question: What were the symptoms of your bone spurs?