Patient Comments: Bone Spurs - Treatments

Where were your bone spurs located and what was the treatment?

Comment from: Back pain, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: January 23

I've had three back operations. One every five years since 2003. The last one in 2013 for bone spurs pressing against my scotia nerve, one being very large. Even after having surgery I'm still having pain in my lower back and right leg. My doctor has schedule me to have another MRI to try and determine why I'm still in pain, I'm thinking that I might have nerve damage for waiting so long before having surgery.

Comment from: ladycares, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: October 15

I have bone spurs inside my vertebrae. There is no way to remove them. Shots didn't work. I sometimes do get shots of fentanyl when they are really hurting.

Comment from: Leeeeannnnn, 13-18 Female (Patient) Published: December 05

I've been having this pain in my left foot for a year now, and I finally go to the hospital to get it checked out. Today, I found out it is a bone spur and since I have pain every day, I'm going to the podiatry to see my choices for my foot. I'm guessing I'll be getting treatment but my mom said I could also get surgery but the fact that I dance and barefoot makes me not want to get surgery.

Comment from: 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: September 22

I had shoulder pain for several months with a history of joint inflammation in various areas. After treatment for inflammation and X-rays, I finally decided to see a specialist who ordered an MRI. The spurs did not show up on the MRI, but it did show a torn rotator cuff (later determined to be caused by the spurs). During my rotator cuff surgery, the bone spurs were discovered and removed. It's been 14 weeks post-surgery, and I am very glad I had the surgery, but I am also very concerned about the formation of spurs elsewhere or in the same area in the future.

Comment from: cabplus4, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: August 19

I have a bone spur reaching upward on my Achilles heel. The pain is not in the heel, but it causes pain in the calf of my leg with any exercise, such as walking or dancing. I am in a quandary as to whether I should exercise the foot or try not to produce stress. The doctor took X-rays, gave me a shot, and told me not to wear shoes with backs and not to stress the heel. He suggested I might want surgery, but I'm not going there.

Comment from: sanjay, 35-44 Male (Caregiver) Published: March 03

With bone spurs I have pain on my sole with a burning effect.

Comment from: sandra, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: January 15

Mine is being helped with a splint that evens my bite out. I will get my teeth fixed to match in a month or two. It's been a year-long process, but I have a great dentist that knows how to treat it. I have no pain now, but my jaw was locked a year ago.

Comment from: bbeejj13, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: March 07

My bone spurs are on top of the foot and also near the ankle.

Comment from: honey, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: February 24

I have pain on my right foot, the last three toes hurt so bad I went to the foot doctor and he said I have bone spurs. I have had shots in before and it quit hurting for a while now it is back. It's been going on for about a year or so, I guess I have to go back and see what he wants to do to get it to quit hurting.

Bone Spurs - Cause Question: What was the cause of your bone spurs?
Bone Spurs - Experience Question: Please describe your experience with bone spurs.
Bone Spurs - Symptoms Question: What were the symptoms of your bone spurs?