Patient Comments: Bone Spurs - Treatments

Where were your bone spurs located and what was the treatment?

Comment from: Leeeeannnnn, 13-18 Female (Patient) Published: December 05

I've been having this pain in my left foot for a year now, and I finally go to the hospital to get it checked out. Today, I found out it is a bone spur and since I have pain every day, I'm going to the podiatry to see my choices for my foot. I'm guessing I'll be getting treatment but my mom said I could also get surgery but the fact that I dance and barefoot makes me not want to get surgery.

Comment from: 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: September 22

I had shoulder pain for several months with a history of joint inflammation in various areas. After treatment for inflammation and X-rays, I finally decided to see a specialist who ordered an MRI. The spurs did not show up on the MRI, but it did show a torn rotator cuff (later determined to be caused by the spurs). During my rotator cuff surgery, the bone spurs were discovered and removed. It's been 14 weeks post-surgery, and I am very glad I had the surgery, but I am also very concerned about the formation of spurs elsewhere or in the same area in the future.

Comment from: cabplus4, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: August 19

I have a bone spur reaching upward on my Achilles heel. The pain is not in the heel, but it causes pain in the calf of my leg with any exercise, such as walking or dancing. I am in a quandary as to whether I should exercise the foot or try not to produce stress. The doctor took X-rays, gave me a shot, and told me not to wear shoes with backs and not to stress the heel. He suggested I might want surgery, but I'm not going there.

Comment from: av odom, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: January 13

My bone spurs are located where my pelvis meets my hip bones.

Comment from: anooshey, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: December 09

I discovered today through MRI report that I have bone spur in my left leg. I am fairly worried due to the fact that I have polio affecting my right leg which in return has started degenerating my spinal cord, technical term for this is "spondylosis"! I am hoping my doctor will give me a good news for speedy recovery.

Comment from: GOS, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: April 22

I have RA, lupus, cervical degenerative disc disease, and cervical dystonia. I have two spurs in the middle of the roof of my mouth, one spur over my back molar, two on my right shoulder AC joint that are so big they are visible, one in the palm of hand, and six in neck. They all drive me nuts. My neck was cleaned out in 2006 during disc fusion, and now there are six more. The oral ones prevent me from eating much and I am sickly skinny. I just turned 50 and miss my life.

Comment from: Maria, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: February 08

I have discovered from an x-ray that I have bone spurs on my neck and shoulder. One day I woke up with a stiff neck, but very very painful. I could not turn my head to either side. Went to hospital and they gave me Oxycod/apap 5-325mg. to kill the pain. This happen in Jan./Feb. it's happen 3 times since. These can not be my golden years.

Published: February 01

I have a bone spur on my right ball of my right hip socket. The tissue between the ball and the hip seems good, but the spur causes me pain. I believe I have osteoarthritis. I am scheduled for a hip replacement surgery.

Bone Spurs - Cause Question: What was the cause of your bone spurs?
Bone Spurs - Experience Question: Please describe your experience with bone spurs.
Bone Spurs - Symptoms Question: What were the symptoms of your bone spurs?