Patient Comments: Bone Spurs - Symptoms

What were the symptoms of your bone spurs?

Comment from: tellitlikeitis, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: February 13

I ran a lot on a tread mill. Last year I couldn't run anymore because of the pain in my knee. I went to the orthopedic doctor and did x-rays and discovered bone spurs. Can I say painful! He wanted to inject cortisone shot but I opted out. I took hyaluronic acid in capsule form over the counter supplement. I just order it on line. I have been taking it for a year now and within in 3 months of taking it, I was walking better without limping due to less pain. Now a year and a half has gone by and I was doing so great without the pain that I was tempted to run again; a big mistake. The pain is back but not to the degree it was before. I will just lay off the running and lose weight by less intake of calories. I know, easier said than done. Anyway try hyaluronic acid, folks.

Comment from: Ahage612, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: September 10

I've been having neck pain for about 5 1/2 weeks and I had an MRI today and I found out I have bone spurs on the seventh of my cervical vertebrae. The MRI showed it to be a very large bone spur and pinching my spinal cord I am very nervous about meeting with an orthopedic doctor and the thought of surgery.

Comment from: LadyE, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: July 14

I have a bone spur on my shoulder but felt the pain on my right backside near shoulder, and up and down my right arm, very painful. My doctor gave me a cortisone shot (which hurt like heck), gave me medicines and told me to continue to ice it. This is my second day and it's still bothering me, but he said it could take a couple of days. For anyone: please don't wait, head to the doctor and get diagnosed. Luckily, my spur is small and doesn't require operating.

Comment from: Colsum, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: April 14

I have had 6 bone spur surgeries; one in the foot, back, 2 knees, 2 shoulders and now I have one on my foot right behind my little toe. It hurts like heck and some days I can barely stand the pain. I really don"t want another surgery.

Comment from: SASSYBOO, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: March 25

I found out yesterday I have a bone spur in my shoulder, it is very painful.

Comment from: Jane, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: August 26

I have a bone spur on the top of my foot during the past two year I have experienced pain when I get out of a car and I have to put a lot of pressure on it to be able to walk I rode a bike for 2 hours two days straight at the beach after which I could not even use this foot. The pain was excruciating when I put weight on it. I had I cortisone shot 2 months ago.

Bone Spurs - Treatments Question: Where were your bone spurs located and what was the treatment?
Bone Spurs - Cause Question: What was the cause of your bone spurs?
Bone Spurs - Experience Question: Please describe your experience with bone spurs.